Jul 23, 2010, 6:07 PM EDT
Whether in the All-Star game, on the bench, in a box, or in China, nothing seems to change with Stephon Marbury. He is who he’s always been, and that’s why no one should be all that surprised that when given the opportunity to be a part of the championship-favorite Miami Heat for the coming season, he politely declined. From Xinhua News, via Ball Don’t Lie:
Stephon Marbury said Friday he is still looking for a chance to play in China again though the Miami Heat showed interests in signing the point guard. The fomer NBA All-Star guard said the Heat contacted him through the player association of the NBA before LeBron James announced he would join in Miami on a live televesion show.
“I’ll wait and see what’ll happen,” Marbury said during an interview with local media at the tom.com. “They (the Heat) wanted a point guard. But I don’t think a point guard would do much in the team as they’ve already had the Three Guys (Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh).”
Makes sense. I mean, what team has room for four superstars? It’s fine as long as James, Wade, and Bosh would bow to the rightful pecking order, but given their egos, Marbury made the right decision.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18