Jul 23, 2010, 6:07 PM EDT
Whether in the All-Star game, on the bench, in a box, or in China, nothing seems to change with Stephon Marbury. He is who he’s always been, and that’s why no one should be all that surprised that when given the opportunity to be a part of the championship-favorite Miami Heat for the coming season, he politely declined. From Xinhua News, via Ball Don’t Lie:
Stephon Marbury said Friday he is still looking for a chance to play in China again though the Miami Heat showed interests in signing the point guard. The fomer NBA All-Star guard said the Heat contacted him through the player association of the NBA before LeBron James announced he would join in Miami on a live televesion show.
“I’ll wait and see what’ll happen,” Marbury said during an interview with local media at the tom.com. “They (the Heat) wanted a point guard. But I don’t think a point guard would do much in the team as they’ve already had the Three Guys (Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh).”
Makes sense. I mean, what team has room for four superstars? It’s fine as long as James, Wade, and Bosh would bow to the rightful pecking order, but given their egos, Marbury made the right decision.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38