Jul 23, 2010, 6:07 PM EDT
Whether in the All-Star game, on the bench, in a box, or in China, nothing seems to change with Stephon Marbury. He is who he’s always been, and that’s why no one should be all that surprised that when given the opportunity to be a part of the championship-favorite Miami Heat for the coming season, he politely declined. From Xinhua News, via Ball Don’t Lie:
Stephon Marbury said Friday he is still looking for a chance to play in China again though the Miami Heat showed interests in signing the point guard. The fomer NBA All-Star guard said the Heat contacted him through the player association of the NBA before LeBron James announced he would join in Miami on a live televesion show.
“I’ll wait and see what’ll happen,” Marbury said during an interview with local media at the tom.com. “They (the Heat) wanted a point guard. But I don’t think a point guard would do much in the team as they’ve already had the Three Guys (Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh).”
Makes sense. I mean, what team has room for four superstars? It’s fine as long as James, Wade, and Bosh would bow to the rightful pecking order, but given their egos, Marbury made the right decision.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 35
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23