Jul 23, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
Billy Hunter? He’s a pussy cat. Try dealing with a contractor.
David Stern — a feared negotiator — is warming up for the upcoming Collective Bargaining Agreement battle by warming up with a conflict with his contractor, as reported by the New York Post (who else? via Ben Maller).
When a next-door neighbor put his house on the market last year, Stern and his wife, Linda, bought it with plans to tear it down and expand their property.
Anthony Lanza of Pat Lanza Construction, who was hired to demolish the house, is demanding $14,000 in addition to a contract they signed for $114,306. But Stern isn’t budging and told Lanza to get a lawyer — which he did, although no lawsuit has yet been filed.
Really, anyone who has had work done on their house can have a little sympathy for Stern. He said the work done was done poorly and he’s not paying more for it. Stern said he also did not approve the $4,000 asbestos testing and that Lanza should have to pay that.
Oh basketball fans, it’s going to get a lot uglier than that a year from now. Trust me.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32