Jul 23, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
Billy Hunter? He’s a pussy cat. Try dealing with a contractor.
David Stern — a feared negotiator — is warming up for the upcoming Collective Bargaining Agreement battle by warming up with a conflict with his contractor, as reported by the New York Post (who else? via Ben Maller).
When a next-door neighbor put his house on the market last year, Stern and his wife, Linda, bought it with plans to tear it down and expand their property.
Anthony Lanza of Pat Lanza Construction, who was hired to demolish the house, is demanding $14,000 in addition to a contract they signed for $114,306. But Stern isn’t budging and told Lanza to get a lawyer — which he did, although no lawsuit has yet been filed.
Really, anyone who has had work done on their house can have a little sympathy for Stern. He said the work done was done poorly and he’s not paying more for it. Stern said he also did not approve the $4,000 asbestos testing and that Lanza should have to pay that.
Oh basketball fans, it’s going to get a lot uglier than that a year from now. Trust me.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41