Jul 23, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
Billy Hunter? He’s a pussy cat. Try dealing with a contractor.
David Stern — a feared negotiator — is warming up for the upcoming Collective Bargaining Agreement battle by warming up with a conflict with his contractor, as reported by the New York Post (who else? via Ben Maller).
When a next-door neighbor put his house on the market last year, Stern and his wife, Linda, bought it with plans to tear it down and expand their property.
Anthony Lanza of Pat Lanza Construction, who was hired to demolish the house, is demanding $14,000 in addition to a contract they signed for $114,306. But Stern isn’t budging and told Lanza to get a lawyer — which he did, although no lawsuit has yet been filed.
Really, anyone who has had work done on their house can have a little sympathy for Stern. He said the work done was done poorly and he’s not paying more for it. Stern said he also did not approve the $4,000 asbestos testing and that Lanza should have to pay that.
Oh basketball fans, it’s going to get a lot uglier than that a year from now. Trust me.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37