Jul 23, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
Billy Hunter? He’s a pussy cat. Try dealing with a contractor.
David Stern — a feared negotiator — is warming up for the upcoming Collective Bargaining Agreement battle by warming up with a conflict with his contractor, as reported by the New York Post (who else? via Ben Maller).
When a next-door neighbor put his house on the market last year, Stern and his wife, Linda, bought it with plans to tear it down and expand their property.
Anthony Lanza of Pat Lanza Construction, who was hired to demolish the house, is demanding $14,000 in addition to a contract they signed for $114,306. But Stern isn’t budging and told Lanza to get a lawyer — which he did, although no lawsuit has yet been filed.
Really, anyone who has had work done on their house can have a little sympathy for Stern. He said the work done was done poorly and he’s not paying more for it. Stern said he also did not approve the $4,000 asbestos testing and that Lanza should have to pay that.
Oh basketball fans, it’s going to get a lot uglier than that a year from now. Trust me.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 0
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 14
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 8
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 13
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26