Jul 22, 2010, 1:38 PM EST
Look at the lineup of teams where ownership lets the basketball people make basketball decisions: Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Magic, Thunder. Notice the similarities there?
Oklahoma City today announced it has extended its deal with general manager Sam Presti, the team announced today. That is the best move they made this off-season (and they’ve made a few nice ones). Terms of the deal were not announced.
Presti was a man with a plan. He took over in Seattle and moved away from Ray Allen and aging veterans to build a young team that could grow up together. He got some luck — the No. 2 pick being Kevin Durant — but has made smart picks and moves to fill out the roster around him. Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook could have been taken by other teams, but weren’t.
Presti gets it. And the OKC owners have given him room to do his thing. Smart.
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 0
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 17
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 45