Jul 22, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Look at the lineup of teams where ownership lets the basketball people make basketball decisions: Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Magic, Thunder. Notice the similarities there?
Oklahoma City today announced it has extended its deal with general manager Sam Presti, the team announced today. That is the best move they made this off-season (and they’ve made a few nice ones). Terms of the deal were not announced.
Presti was a man with a plan. He took over in Seattle and moved away from Ray Allen and aging veterans to build a young team that could grow up together. He got some luck — the No. 2 pick being Kevin Durant — but has made smart picks and moves to fill out the roster around him. Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook could have been taken by other teams, but weren’t.
Presti gets it. And the OKC owners have given him room to do his thing. Smart.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 0
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 2
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 21
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33