Jul 22, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
David Kahn is the king of unintentional comedy.
Remember back during Summer League, when Kahn sat down for an in-game interview with NBA TV and Chris Webber? And Kahn defended his signing of Darko Milicic by comparing him with Webber and asking Webber how long it took him to find his game in the NBA? That would be 17 and 9, Rookie of the Year Chris Webber. And it just got weirder from there. Ahh, good times.
That video became a bit of a sensation among basketball fans and was passed among friends at Summer League. Kahn went on ESPN 1500 Twin Cities today and this is what he said about Webber (as transcribed by the Star Tribune).
“He’s kind of a schmuck, isn’t he? Methinks that he spent a lot of time on NBA TV with a former Timberwolves person and he seemed to come into the interview with an agenda. Tough questions are fine, but I felt like was a little defensive about some of the things.”
Webber was the schmuck? Webber was defensive? Does Kahn realize which one he was in the interview? Did Kahn really use “methinks” in an interview? Wow. I bet the sky is a really pretty shade of purple in Kahn’s world. Personally, I thought Webber was pretty controlled through all of that.
Best part is, this wasn’t even the craziest thing he said in that same interview. He’s this funny, and he’s not even trying.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23