Jul 22, 2010, 6:37 PM EST
According to the Associate Press, free agent point guard Carlos Arroyo has decided to re-sign with the Miami Heat.
This isn’t a huge signing for the Heat, although it does give them some much-needed depth in their backcourt. The 30-year old Arroyo has always been talented, but never quite lived up to the promise he showed during the 03-04 season and the 2004 Olympics.
Arroyo is a gifted playmaker, capable of seeing angles that few other point guards can see and making bold passes without taking unnecessary risks. Unfortunately, Arroyo’s scoring game has never been up to par, his defense is an issue, and he tends to dribble too much while looking to make a play. Because of all that, Arroyo has already changed teams seven times in his career.
Playing alongside of LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and everyone else in Miami will be an interesting test for Arroyo: will having great teammates around him allow Arroyo to flourish as a pure passer, or are Arroyo’s bad habits impossible to get rid of at this point in his career? Only time will tell, but Arroyo is definitely more talented than most players available at a bargain-basement price.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld