Jul 21, 2010, 8:43 AM EST
On June 17, Lamar Odom walked off the floor at Staples Center after Game 7 of the NBA finals. Tuesday was the first time he walked back on one.
After the first day of USA Basketball camp in Vegas, Odom admitted to FanHouse he has taken the last month off to enjoy life. And enjoying life does not mean spending a lot of time exercising.
“I’m in horrible shape,” Odom said after Team USA’s first day of training camp here Tuesday. “But I’ll get in shape … I took some time off (following the Lakers winning their second straight title). This is my first basketball activity. I boxed and some things like that. But this is the first time I ran up and down the court, and actually had a basketball in my hand.”
The thing is, international ball on a deep team like this will not be a test of endurance — the games are 40 minutes long and nobody will play more than 25 minutes a game.
Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski was not worried.
“Lamar said they had a long season,” Krzyzewski said. “He’s boxed. I asked if he got knocked out. He said he had not been knocked out. So that’s good. He already gained a couple of points for Turkey by saying he had not been knocked out.”
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18