Jul 21, 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
Have it your way, Caron Butler.
There are few more interesting people in basketball than Butler, who came out of a tough background — he sold drugs at one point — to be one of the more socially conscious guys in the league. A guy who goes back home to Racine and donates time and money to causes every summer. One of the more likeable guys around, too.
That background included working at a Burger King for a while, he told Gery Woelfel at the Journal Times.
“I once worked at Burger King in Racine,” Butler said. “I know the business. I know it from the janitorial spot all the way through the management side. I know that game inside and out.”
So he went out and got six for himself. Not Whoppers, Burger Kings. He owns six of the fast food restaurants now.
Butler said he is also taking a business management class at Duke this summer. And if you want to learn about business, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is a pretty good guy to bounce ideas off of.
It’s a great investment. As long as Butler isn’t eating every day at those BKs. That’s not how to stay in shape in the off-season.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona