Jul 21, 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
Have it your way, Caron Butler.
There are few more interesting people in basketball than Butler, who came out of a tough background — he sold drugs at one point — to be one of the more socially conscious guys in the league. A guy who goes back home to Racine and donates time and money to causes every summer. One of the more likeable guys around, too.
That background included working at a Burger King for a while, he told Gery Woelfel at the Journal Times.
“I once worked at Burger King in Racine,” Butler said. “I know the business. I know it from the janitorial spot all the way through the management side. I know that game inside and out.”
So he went out and got six for himself. Not Whoppers, Burger Kings. He owns six of the fast food restaurants now.
Butler said he is also taking a business management class at Duke this summer. And if you want to learn about business, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is a pretty good guy to bounce ideas off of.
It’s a great investment. As long as Butler isn’t eating every day at those BKs. That’s not how to stay in shape in the off-season.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 2
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 13
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70