Jul 21, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
It’s pretty amazing Andrew Bynum’s knee doesn’t have its own twitter account.
Behind the wildly popular and South Beach-bound elbow of LeBron James, no other body part was more discussed during the playoffs. Bynum admitted during the playoffs he was going to need surgery to deal with the
That surgery is now set for July 28, according to the Los Angeles Times. Bynum had said he planned to have the surgery July 18, but this turned out to be the first day the surgeon was available.
He is supposed to be ready to go by the start of Lakers training camp in late September.
Bynum hyper-extended his knee in the first round of the NBA playoffs against Oklahoma City. That led to a torn meniscus in the knee. Bynum played through the pain, having fluid drained out of his knee several times during the playoffs.
After the season he went to the World Cup in South Africa and is currently bouncing around Europe on vacation. However, we feel pretty safe saying he is not backpacking it and staying in youth hostels like most kids his age.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'