Jul 20, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Craig Smith is solid, reliable, a guy who is physical and will battle inside night in and night out.
Consistency seemed like a novelty to Clippers fans last year, so they latched on to Rhino. He was a fan favorite late in the year, and now they get him back for another season.
Craig Smith’s agent has said he has signed a one-year deal with the Clippers, according to Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.
Smith will come off the bench behind Blake Griffin (you’ll remember soon enough that he can really play) and give the Clippers a steady presence inside. He gave the Clippers nearly 8 points and 4 rebounds a game in 16 minutes.
Good signing for the Clippers.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 0
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 14
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 8
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 13
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26