Jul 20, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Craig Smith is solid, reliable, a guy who is physical and will battle inside night in and night out.
Consistency seemed like a novelty to Clippers fans last year, so they latched on to Rhino. He was a fan favorite late in the year, and now they get him back for another season.
Craig Smith’s agent has said he has signed a one-year deal with the Clippers, according to Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.
Smith will come off the bench behind Blake Griffin (you’ll remember soon enough that he can really play) and give the Clippers a steady presence inside. He gave the Clippers nearly 8 points and 4 rebounds a game in 16 minutes.
Good signing for the Clippers.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8