Jul 20, 2010, 10:59 AM EST
Craig Smith is solid, reliable, a guy who is physical and will battle inside night in and night out.
Consistency seemed like a novelty to Clippers fans last year, so they latched on to Rhino. He was a fan favorite late in the year, and now they get him back for another season.
Craig Smith’s agent has said he has signed a one-year deal with the Clippers, according to Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.
Smith will come off the bench behind Blake Griffin (you’ll remember soon enough that he can really play) and give the Clippers a steady presence inside. He gave the Clippers nearly 8 points and 4 rebounds a game in 16 minutes.
Good signing for the Clippers.
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 0
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 7
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 2
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)