Jul 20, 2010, 7:17 PM EDT
There’s a reason the Miami Heat made sure to snatch up Mike Miller. Or that Chicago went out and got Kyle Korver. Or that Orlando chose to match an offer for JJ Redick.
Great shooters are hard to find.
Which is why Philadelphia will likely find interest in Jason Kapono, who they are shopping around according to Marc Stein of ESPN. Kapono also is in the last year of his deal, worth $6.6 million.
Kapono was down to 36 percent from beyond the arc last season and saw his minutes drop because apparently Eddie Jordan is not that into shooters, but he is a career 44 percent shooter from deep. Teams with penetration guards who want to spread the floor can still use him.
Philadelphia can use him, too. But they seem to be testing the waters to see what kind of offers roll on shore.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 0
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 5
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 58
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 64
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8