Jul 20, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
Greg Monroe was not blowing anybody away at Summer League in Las Vegas — well, at least until that 27 point, 14 point performance in his final game. The good news for Pistons fans is the raw rookie got better as the week went on.
But now there is a minor setback, as he is about to undergo minor foot surgery, according to the Detroit Free Press. He is expected to be fully ready for training camp.
Everyone knew Monroe was going to take some work, but the important things for Detroit fans is the Pistons coaches were happy with his progress, as assistant coach Pat Sullivan told the Free Press last week.
“Usually, by the fourth game out here (in Vegas), you get leg weary, so it was good to see Greg get to the basket and make strong moves to the basket and making some strong post moves. There were a couple of times he took the ball full court off the board and went coast-to-coast.”
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10