Jul 20, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
Greg Monroe was not blowing anybody away at Summer League in Las Vegas — well, at least until that 27 point, 14 point performance in his final game. The good news for Pistons fans is the raw rookie got better as the week went on.
But now there is a minor setback, as he is about to undergo minor foot surgery, according to the Detroit Free Press. He is expected to be fully ready for training camp.
Everyone knew Monroe was going to take some work, but the important things for Detroit fans is the Pistons coaches were happy with his progress, as assistant coach Pat Sullivan told the Free Press last week.
“Usually, by the fourth game out here (in Vegas), you get leg weary, so it was good to see Greg get to the basket and make strong moves to the basket and making some strong post moves. There were a couple of times he took the ball full court off the board and went coast-to-coast.”
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3