Jul 20, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
See Chris Bosh on E! getting interviewed. See Chris Bosh as trendy Los Angeles restaurant. See Chris Bosh at the Hollywood premiere of “Inception.”
See Chris Bosh enjoying the spotlight.
LeBron James has been in the middle of it since he was a high school sophomore. Dwyane Wade led a team to a title in Miami. They have felt the heat of the national spotlight and grown used to it. Although it is going to get even more intense.
Coming out of relative obscurity in Canada, Bosh is finding the spotlight warming, something that comes across in a fantastic piece of writing by Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
And Bosh isn’t done. He had cameras following himself around during the free agency process (as well as at times Dwyane Wade) and is making a documentary about how the two of them and LeBron James all came together in Miami.
“The documentary is coming along great,” he said. “I filmed a lot of footage. I have over 80 hours of footage taped, and I’m just trying to find out a direction and style that I want to incorporate. I might make it into an hour special.”
Um, Chris, after the way the last one-hour special featuring a Miami Heat player went, I’m not so sure that’s a great idea.
“Well, it could be a two-hour special. It might be a mini-series,” he said. “It will have a 24/7 feel but I don’t know if it will be narrated or not narrated. It’s a bunch of ideas I’ve been playing with and I’ve been studying a lot and seeing what’s the best avenue to take it in.”
You could start to feel it in Vegas, and it could be a huge wave within a couple years (if not this year) — the backlash against the big three. I heard one media member put it this way: “The Heat in the finals is the only thing in the world that could get me to root for the Lakers.” That feeling is spreading.
A self-produced — this means incredibly flattering — documentary about how this all came together will make it only worse.
Bosh isn’t feeling it yet, the spotlight feels warm. But there is going to be a burn coming. And soon enough bosh and everyone with the Heat — including the big three — will be complaining about all the media attention. The attention they brought on themselves.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2