Jul 20, 2010, 12:53 PM EST
See Chris Bosh on E! getting interviewed. See Chris Bosh as trendy Los Angeles restaurant. See Chris Bosh at the Hollywood premiere of “Inception.”
See Chris Bosh enjoying the spotlight.
LeBron James has been in the middle of it since he was a high school sophomore. Dwyane Wade led a team to a title in Miami. They have felt the heat of the national spotlight and grown used to it. Although it is going to get even more intense.
Coming out of relative obscurity in Canada, Bosh is finding the spotlight warming, something that comes across in a fantastic piece of writing by Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
And Bosh isn’t done. He had cameras following himself around during the free agency process (as well as at times Dwyane Wade) and is making a documentary about how the two of them and LeBron James all came together in Miami.
“The documentary is coming along great,” he said. “I filmed a lot of footage. I have over 80 hours of footage taped, and I’m just trying to find out a direction and style that I want to incorporate. I might make it into an hour special.”
Um, Chris, after the way the last one-hour special featuring a Miami Heat player went, I’m not so sure that’s a great idea.
“Well, it could be a two-hour special. It might be a mini-series,” he said. “It will have a 24/7 feel but I don’t know if it will be narrated or not narrated. It’s a bunch of ideas I’ve been playing with and I’ve been studying a lot and seeing what’s the best avenue to take it in.”
You could start to feel it in Vegas, and it could be a huge wave within a couple years (if not this year) — the backlash against the big three. I heard one media member put it this way: “The Heat in the finals is the only thing in the world that could get me to root for the Lakers.” That feeling is spreading.
A self-produced — this means incredibly flattering — documentary about how this all came together will make it only worse.
Bosh isn’t feeling it yet, the spotlight feels warm. But there is going to be a burn coming. And soon enough bosh and everyone with the Heat — including the big three — will be complaining about all the media attention. The attention they brought on themselves.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8