Chris Bosh is unnoticed no more — and loving it

Jul 20, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT

Thumbnail image for cbosh_dunk.jpgSee Chris Bosh on E! getting interviewed. See Chris Bosh as trendy Los Angeles restaurant. See Chris Bosh at the Hollywood premiere of “Inception.”

See Chris Bosh enjoying the spotlight.

LeBron James has been in the middle of it since he was a high school sophomore. Dwyane Wade led a team to a title in Miami. They have felt the heat of the national spotlight and grown used to it. Although it is going to get even more intense.

Coming out of relative obscurity in Canada, Bosh is finding the spotlight warming, something that comes across in a fantastic piece of writing by Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles.com.

And Bosh isn’t done. He had cameras following himself around during the free agency process (as well as at times Dwyane Wade) and is making a documentary about how the two of them and LeBron James all came together in Miami.

“The documentary is coming along great,” he said. “I filmed a lot of footage. I have over 80 hours of footage taped, and I’m just trying to find out a direction and style that I want to incorporate. I might make it into an hour special.”

Um, Chris, after the way the last one-hour special featuring a Miami Heat player went, I’m not so sure that’s a great idea.

“Well, it could be a two-hour special. It might be a mini-series,” he said. “It will have a 24/7 feel but I don’t know if it will be narrated or not narrated. It’s a bunch of ideas I’ve been playing with and I’ve been studying a lot and seeing what’s the best avenue to take it in.”

You could start to feel it in Vegas, and it could be a huge wave within a couple years (if not this year) — the backlash against the big three. I heard one media member put it this way: “The Heat in the finals is the only thing in the world that could get me to root for the Lakers.” That feeling is spreading.

A self-produced — this means incredibly flattering — documentary about how this all came together will make it only worse.

Bosh isn’t feeling it yet, the spotlight feels warm. But there is going to be a burn coming. And soon enough bosh and everyone with the Heat — including the big three — will be complaining about all the media attention. The attention they brought on themselves.

1. Tony - Jul 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I’m sure all 3 are completely oblivious to the that fact. And I’m sure this is the first time I’ve read on this site…as well as others…that the Heat are going to be the most hated team in the NBA and most fans outside of Miami will be rooting against them.
    You only get that info here…and not 5 articles in 2 weeks either!

2. Shaq was right - Jul 20, 2010 at 1:48 PM

He is the RuPaul of the NBA.

3. Bosh Spice - Jul 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Chris Bosh is an way over-rated little bitch. If he wasn’t sucking Dwayne Wade’s dick this whole free agency process, he would have never been thought of as any big deal. He is, and always will be, D Wade’s little bitch.

4. Most Hated? - Jul 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Would you rather be on the most hated team in the NBA or a team no one gives a damn about like the Toronto Raptors?

5. mark - Jul 20, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Dear Chris – For the love of art, please hire someone to make this movie for you. Otherwise, as you work out a “direction and style”, everyone will realize how crappy this is gonna be.

6. Sharpshooter - Jul 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I completely agree – Bosh is on the wrong path trying to consciously spread his “brand”…if anything the whole LeBron situation shows that it’s the fastest way to risk your good public image.
    As for the basketball side, Kurt, I’ve analyzed Bosh’s impact on my new blog – http://www.all-94-feet.com/

7. JD - Jul 20, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I have some news for Chris Bosh.. All this attention is temporary. Soon, he will find himself as the 3rd option and will go back to being an unknown. Oh and…there won’t be any NBA championships either….

8. jon - Jul 20, 2010 at 11:25 PM

wow does it really matter if he plays in canada or australia. if shows he can win in this league consistently he will get his attention see garnett. he played minny and was a superstar cause he led his team to the finals. bosh has won only 3 playoff games
    man you pricks always putting down canada just to put up your insecurites.
    what was vince carter. the most popular player in the nba in his prime in toronto so eat that.

9. edgard - Jul 22, 2010 at 12:00 PM

lebron and dwayne plus chris on one time is going to be really amazing cause they al play good

10. Cadiace D - Aug 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Chris is my man with his tall self i bet he is good jn bed.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches