Jul 19, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
JaVale McGee put on a show at Summer League.
The Wizards coaches did not like it as much as the crowd did — they were constantly on McGee about his one-handed rebounds, his shot selection (he tried a running floater across the lane that when I asked Wizards coaches about later they rolled their eyes) and a host of other things.
But the man made an on-court connection with John Wall. McGee is also a bear in transition. And those two things could mean big minutes this year for him.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 76
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20