Jul 19, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
JaVale McGee put on a show at Summer League.
The Wizards coaches did not like it as much as the crowd did — they were constantly on McGee about his one-handed rebounds, his shot selection (he tried a running floater across the lane that when I asked Wizards coaches about later they rolled their eyes) and a host of other things.
But the man made an on-court connection with John Wall. McGee is also a bear in transition. And those two things could mean big minutes this year for him.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90