Jul 19, 2010, 3:24 PM EST
JaVale McGee put on a show at Summer League.
The Wizards coaches did not like it as much as the crowd did — they were constantly on McGee about his one-handed rebounds, his shot selection (he tried a running floater across the lane that when I asked Wizards coaches about later they rolled their eyes) and a host of other things.
But the man made an on-court connection with John Wall. McGee is also a bear in transition. And those two things could mean big minutes this year for him.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 3
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20