Jul 19, 2010, 1:05 PM EDT
Portland is apparently staying with the “guys who know how to build teams from the ground up” model.
Rich Cho is the new Portland general manager, a text to media just confirmed. Blazers Edge (a very good and very well connected Portland blog) first broke the story.
This would be a good hire for Portland, Cho is the number two man behind Sam Presti. Cho is very well respected around the league by other executives. Portland is a team that has built largely through the draft and smart trades, same as has been the philosophy in Portland.
Cho would replace Kevin Pritchard, who was let go less because of the quality of his decisions and more because of the size of his personality and the credit he was getting in Portland. Apparently all of that rubbed Portland ownership the wrong way.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights