Jul 19, 2010, 1:05 PM EDT
Portland is apparently staying with the “guys who know how to build teams from the ground up” model.
Rich Cho is the new Portland general manager, a text to media just confirmed. Blazers Edge (a very good and very well connected Portland blog) first broke the story.
This would be a good hire for Portland, Cho is the number two man behind Sam Presti. Cho is very well respected around the league by other executives. Portland is a team that has built largely through the draft and smart trades, same as has been the philosophy in Portland.
Cho would replace Kevin Pritchard, who was let go less because of the quality of his decisions and more because of the size of his personality and the credit he was getting in Portland. Apparently all of that rubbed Portland ownership the wrong way.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31