Bucks complete sign-and-trade for Jon Brockman

Jul 19, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Sacramento Kings have agreed to a sign-and-trade deal that will send second-year power forward Jon Brockman to the Bucks in exchange for Darnell Jackson and a future second-round pick

The 23-year old Brockman is only 6-7, but he was one of the best per-minute rebounders in basketball last season. Brockman led all players in offensive rebound rate by a considerable margin, and finished tied for 12th in total rebound rate. In 12.6 minutes per game, Brockman averaged 2.8 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 2.21 fouls per game. Scott Skiles loves blue-collar players who rebound, and Brockman certainly fits that bill.
Darnell Jackson is a wide body with some toughness who can fill the lane and hit a mid-range jump shot, but the Kansas product has yet to find his way at the NBA level — he only shot 30% last season, and is a sub-40% shooter for his career. After being picked up by the Bucks last March, Jackson ended up playing all of 9 minutes in 12 games.
  1. James - Jul 19, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I’m sorry… a sign and trade with who?

2. Andreas Noccioni - Jul 19, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Trading two for two, but serious now. I don’t like to have Jon in east he bruises. Kings are good org to trade players to better situation, ask me.

3. Anonymous - Jul 19, 2010 at 10:14 PM

* Bucks,
    * Kings

4. JamesinVA - Jul 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM

I was thinking the same as James above. I enjoy reading about trades, and the details. I am sorrybut I forgot who Brockman was (and what team he played for). This article was pretty bad journalism, lack of info makes it a bit harder for some readers.
    Mr Krolik gets a -1

5. JD - Jul 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Wow is bad journalism (e.g. typos, bad sentence structure, misinformation just ask Ira and his article) really this rampant in MSNBC sports?

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches