Jul 18, 2010, 1:41 PM EDT
A popular joke among NBA folks is that with all the angst LeBron James has created among people this summer, he’ll have to comfort himself on his gigantic bed of money. And according to Life and Style Magazine via AOL FanHouse, that bed of money will have quite a bit of room for a chair and ottoman of cash as well.
The magazine reports that James has begun finishing paperwork on buying his new home in Miami for the very reasonable price tag of … $49.5 million dollars. The house features a 12 camera security system, a guest suite with a tennis court, and a gym inside the master bedroom. Because really, if you want to get in some reps, you don’t want to go through the effort of walking anywhere.
The beachfront house used to be owned by Pat Riley, continuing the theme of Riley glad-handing James whatever he wants or needs to smooth the way for his transition to Miami.
It’s good to know that in these troubled times, some people are still getting by with the essentials. Like a beachfront house with a gym in the bedroom.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 4
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 11
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 37
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1