Jul 18, 2010, 1:41 PM EST
A popular joke among NBA folks is that with all the angst LeBron James has created among people this summer, he’ll have to comfort himself on his gigantic bed of money. And according to Life and Style Magazine via AOL FanHouse, that bed of money will have quite a bit of room for a chair and ottoman of cash as well.
The magazine reports that James has begun finishing paperwork on buying his new home in Miami for the very reasonable price tag of … $49.5 million dollars. The house features a 12 camera security system, a guest suite with a tennis court, and a gym inside the master bedroom. Because really, if you want to get in some reps, you don’t want to go through the effort of walking anywhere.
The beachfront house used to be owned by Pat Riley, continuing the theme of Riley glad-handing James whatever he wants or needs to smooth the way for his transition to Miami.
It’s good to know that in these troubled times, some people are still getting by with the essentials. Like a beachfront house with a gym in the bedroom.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18