Jul 18, 2010, 1:41 PM EST
A popular joke among NBA folks is that with all the angst LeBron James has created among people this summer, he’ll have to comfort himself on his gigantic bed of money. And according to Life and Style Magazine via AOL FanHouse, that bed of money will have quite a bit of room for a chair and ottoman of cash as well.
The magazine reports that James has begun finishing paperwork on buying his new home in Miami for the very reasonable price tag of … $49.5 million dollars. The house features a 12 camera security system, a guest suite with a tennis court, and a gym inside the master bedroom. Because really, if you want to get in some reps, you don’t want to go through the effort of walking anywhere.
The beachfront house used to be owned by Pat Riley, continuing the theme of Riley glad-handing James whatever he wants or needs to smooth the way for his transition to Miami.
It’s good to know that in these troubled times, some people are still getting by with the essentials. Like a beachfront house with a gym in the bedroom.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 0
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 2
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)