Jul 18, 2010, 1:41 PM EDT
A popular joke among NBA folks is that with all the angst LeBron James has created among people this summer, he’ll have to comfort himself on his gigantic bed of money. And according to Life and Style Magazine via AOL FanHouse, that bed of money will have quite a bit of room for a chair and ottoman of cash as well.
The magazine reports that James has begun finishing paperwork on buying his new home in Miami for the very reasonable price tag of … $49.5 million dollars. The house features a 12 camera security system, a guest suite with a tennis court, and a gym inside the master bedroom. Because really, if you want to get in some reps, you don’t want to go through the effort of walking anywhere.
The beachfront house used to be owned by Pat Riley, continuing the theme of Riley glad-handing James whatever he wants or needs to smooth the way for his transition to Miami.
It’s good to know that in these troubled times, some people are still getting by with the essentials. Like a beachfront house with a gym in the bedroom.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19