Jul 18, 2010, 1:41 PM EDT
A popular joke among NBA folks is that with all the angst LeBron James has created among people this summer, he’ll have to comfort himself on his gigantic bed of money. And according to Life and Style Magazine via AOL FanHouse, that bed of money will have quite a bit of room for a chair and ottoman of cash as well.
The magazine reports that James has begun finishing paperwork on buying his new home in Miami for the very reasonable price tag of … $49.5 million dollars. The house features a 12 camera security system, a guest suite with a tennis court, and a gym inside the master bedroom. Because really, if you want to get in some reps, you don’t want to go through the effort of walking anywhere.
The beachfront house used to be owned by Pat Riley, continuing the theme of Riley glad-handing James whatever he wants or needs to smooth the way for his transition to Miami.
It’s good to know that in these troubled times, some people are still getting by with the essentials. Like a beachfront house with a gym in the bedroom.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 15
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 26
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23