Jul 16, 2010, 6:02 PM EDT
Kevin Pritchard appears to be the front-runner to get the New Orleans Hornets job. For a couple of good reasons — he has a relationship from Portland with just-hired coach Monty Williams from Portland, and the Hornets need to make an impressive hire to show to Chris Paul they are serious about being a winner.
Oh, and he’s good at the job.
But he is not the only guy getting a look.
David Griffin, the number two guy behind Steve Kerr in Phoenix is in the mix, according to FanHouse. Also, Chris Mullin, the former Golden State GM. Mullin may not have the most stellar of track records from his term in the Bay Area, but that was more due to the owner ship of Chris Cohan, who Mullin constantly fought against. He was eventually pushed out by Don Nelson and friends.
Other guys mentioned as being considered are Rex Chapman, Tommy Sheppard, Tom Penn, Dell Demps and Jason Levien.
The Hornets have some options. But Pritchard is the betting favorite — if he trusts the Hornets in-transition-sort-of-maybe ownership situation. And if ownership will open up their wallets to pay him.
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 3
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games