Jul 16, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
Apparently Hedo Turkoglu needs to lower his cholesterol.
He has had minor gallbladder surgery while in Turkey preparing with the Turkish national team for the FIBA World Championships this August. That according to Turkish media (as found and translated by Real GM, via Rotoworld).
The doctors advised me to undergo surgery on my gallbladder so I won’t have any problems in the future. So we made an according decision. The doctors wanted to get any suspicions on when some sort of discomfort might occur out of the way. So we decided to put that risk out of the way. I believe I will be able to join the national team in a short while. My return after the surgery will be in 3-4 days. Because of that the doctors wanted to perform this surgery right away.
Doesn’t sound too serious, more like a couple gallstones needed to be broken up. There should be no problem with him catching Steve Nash passes come the fall.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49