Jul 16, 2010, 9:48 AM EST
Apparently Hedo Turkoglu needs to lower his cholesterol.
He has had minor gallbladder surgery while in Turkey preparing with the Turkish national team for the FIBA World Championships this August. That according to Turkish media (as found and translated by Real GM, via Rotoworld).
The doctors advised me to undergo surgery on my gallbladder so I won’t have any problems in the future. So we made an according decision. The doctors wanted to get any suspicions on when some sort of discomfort might occur out of the way. So we decided to put that risk out of the way. I believe I will be able to join the national team in a short while. My return after the surgery will be in 3-4 days. Because of that the doctors wanted to perform this surgery right away.
Doesn’t sound too serious, more like a couple gallstones needed to be broken up. There should be no problem with him catching Steve Nash passes come the fall.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 6
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 5
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18