Jul 16, 2010, 9:48 AM EST
Apparently Hedo Turkoglu needs to lower his cholesterol.
He has had minor gallbladder surgery while in Turkey preparing with the Turkish national team for the FIBA World Championships this August. That according to Turkish media (as found and translated by Real GM, via Rotoworld).
The doctors advised me to undergo surgery on my gallbladder so I won’t have any problems in the future. So we made an according decision. The doctors wanted to get any suspicions on when some sort of discomfort might occur out of the way. So we decided to put that risk out of the way. I believe I will be able to join the national team in a short while. My return after the surgery will be in 3-4 days. Because of that the doctors wanted to perform this surgery right away.
Doesn’t sound too serious, more like a couple gallstones needed to be broken up. There should be no problem with him catching Steve Nash passes come the fall.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17