Jul 15, 2010, 9:35 AM EST
How far has Tracy McGrady’s stock fallen?
How about to the point he might come off bench for the Clippers next season. Adrian Wojnarowski reports the Clippers are talking with his agent and may set up a workout.
McGrady wanted to play for a contender — he had been rumored to hope for a veterans’ minimum offer to join the Miami Heat. But no such offer is coming. The Clippers have some interest, the Chicago Bulls have talked to McGrady’s agent as well.
But McGrady is going to have to prove he can help. He is going to have to impress in a workout and pass a physical where his knees will get an especially close inspection.
He’s not that McGrady anymore. He looked pedestrian with the Knicks last season, he shot just 39 percent and played limited minutes. He also had to miss games because of soreness in his left knee.
This is where McGrady is now, hoping to get a workout with the Clippers.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)