Jul 15, 2010, 9:35 AM EST
How far has Tracy McGrady’s stock fallen?
How about to the point he might come off bench for the Clippers next season. Adrian Wojnarowski reports the Clippers are talking with his agent and may set up a workout.
McGrady wanted to play for a contender — he had been rumored to hope for a veterans’ minimum offer to join the Miami Heat. But no such offer is coming. The Clippers have some interest, the Chicago Bulls have talked to McGrady’s agent as well.
But McGrady is going to have to prove he can help. He is going to have to impress in a workout and pass a physical where his knees will get an especially close inspection.
He’s not that McGrady anymore. He looked pedestrian with the Knicks last season, he shot just 39 percent and played limited minutes. He also had to miss games because of soreness in his left knee.
This is where McGrady is now, hoping to get a workout with the Clippers.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 0
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 33
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11