Jul 15, 2010, 9:35 AM EDT
How far has Tracy McGrady’s stock fallen?
How about to the point he might come off bench for the Clippers next season. Adrian Wojnarowski reports the Clippers are talking with his agent and may set up a workout.
McGrady wanted to play for a contender — he had been rumored to hope for a veterans’ minimum offer to join the Miami Heat. But no such offer is coming. The Clippers have some interest, the Chicago Bulls have talked to McGrady’s agent as well.
But McGrady is going to have to prove he can help. He is going to have to impress in a workout and pass a physical where his knees will get an especially close inspection.
He’s not that McGrady anymore. He looked pedestrian with the Knicks last season, he shot just 39 percent and played limited minutes. He also had to miss games because of soreness in his left knee.
This is where McGrady is now, hoping to get a workout with the Clippers.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15