Jul 15, 2010, 9:35 AM EST
How far has Tracy McGrady’s stock fallen?
How about to the point he might come off bench for the Clippers next season. Adrian Wojnarowski reports the Clippers are talking with his agent and may set up a workout.
McGrady wanted to play for a contender — he had been rumored to hope for a veterans’ minimum offer to join the Miami Heat. But no such offer is coming. The Clippers have some interest, the Chicago Bulls have talked to McGrady’s agent as well.
But McGrady is going to have to prove he can help. He is going to have to impress in a workout and pass a physical where his knees will get an especially close inspection.
He’s not that McGrady anymore. He looked pedestrian with the Knicks last season, he shot just 39 percent and played limited minutes. He also had to miss games because of soreness in his left knee.
This is where McGrady is now, hoping to get a workout with the Clippers.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9