Jul 15, 2010, 9:35 AM EDT
How far has Tracy McGrady’s stock fallen?
How about to the point he might come off bench for the Clippers next season. Adrian Wojnarowski reports the Clippers are talking with his agent and may set up a workout.
McGrady wanted to play for a contender — he had been rumored to hope for a veterans’ minimum offer to join the Miami Heat. But no such offer is coming. The Clippers have some interest, the Chicago Bulls have talked to McGrady’s agent as well.
But McGrady is going to have to prove he can help. He is going to have to impress in a workout and pass a physical where his knees will get an especially close inspection.
He’s not that McGrady anymore. He looked pedestrian with the Knicks last season, he shot just 39 percent and played limited minutes. He also had to miss games because of soreness in his left knee.
This is where McGrady is now, hoping to get a workout with the Clippers.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27