Jul 15, 2010, 10:13 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant wanted Raja Bell. Instead, Lakers fans look like they are going to get their dunks back.
With Bell clotheslining Kobe one more time and heading to Utah, the Lakers are moving closer to a deal to bring Shannon Brown back into the fold, according to Yahoo Sports.
Lakers general manager “Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking and we’re getting there on something,” said Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.
The Lakers know what they are getting with Brown — 20 minutes of reasonable production off the bench, and a guy who can finish on the break. They need that. The Lakers are not getting any younger and they need some pure athleticism injected into the lineup.
That’s what they’ll get with Brown. And some dunks.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16