Jul 15, 2010, 10:13 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant wanted Raja Bell. Instead, Lakers fans look like they are going to get their dunks back.
With Bell clotheslining Kobe one more time and heading to Utah, the Lakers are moving closer to a deal to bring Shannon Brown back into the fold, according to Yahoo Sports.
Lakers general manager “Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking and we’re getting there on something,” said Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.
The Lakers know what they are getting with Brown — 20 minutes of reasonable production off the bench, and a guy who can finish on the break. They need that. The Lakers are not getting any younger and they need some pure athleticism injected into the lineup.
That’s what they’ll get with Brown. And some dunks.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 0
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 3
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1