Jul 15, 2010, 10:13 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant wanted Raja Bell. Instead, Lakers fans look like they are going to get their dunks back.
With Bell clotheslining Kobe one more time and heading to Utah, the Lakers are moving closer to a deal to bring Shannon Brown back into the fold, according to Yahoo Sports.
Lakers general manager “Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking and we’re getting there on something,” said Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.
The Lakers know what they are getting with Brown — 20 minutes of reasonable production off the bench, and a guy who can finish on the break. They need that. The Lakers are not getting any younger and they need some pure athleticism injected into the lineup.
That’s what they’ll get with Brown. And some dunks.
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 24
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 17
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 55
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 88
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 18
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 38