Jul 15, 2010, 10:13 AM EST
Kobe Bryant wanted Raja Bell. Instead, Lakers fans look like they are going to get their dunks back.
With Bell clotheslining Kobe one more time and heading to Utah, the Lakers are moving closer to a deal to bring Shannon Brown back into the fold, according to Yahoo Sports.
Lakers general manager “Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking and we’re getting there on something,” said Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.
The Lakers know what they are getting with Brown — 20 minutes of reasonable production off the bench, and a guy who can finish on the break. They need that. The Lakers are not getting any younger and they need some pure athleticism injected into the lineup.
That’s what they’ll get with Brown. And some dunks.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11