Jul 15, 2010, 10:13 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant wanted Raja Bell. Instead, Lakers fans look like they are going to get their dunks back.
With Bell clotheslining Kobe one more time and heading to Utah, the Lakers are moving closer to a deal to bring Shannon Brown back into the fold, according to Yahoo Sports.
Lakers general manager “Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking and we’re getting there on something,” said Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.
The Lakers know what they are getting with Brown — 20 minutes of reasonable production off the bench, and a guy who can finish on the break. They need that. The Lakers are not getting any younger and they need some pure athleticism injected into the lineup.
That’s what they’ll get with Brown. And some dunks.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37