Jul 15, 2010, 10:13 AM EST
Kobe Bryant wanted Raja Bell. Instead, Lakers fans look like they are going to get their dunks back.
With Bell clotheslining Kobe one more time and heading to Utah, the Lakers are moving closer to a deal to bring Shannon Brown back into the fold, according to Yahoo Sports.
Lakers general manager “Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking and we’re getting there on something,” said Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.
The Lakers know what they are getting with Brown — 20 minutes of reasonable production off the bench, and a guy who can finish on the break. They need that. The Lakers are not getting any younger and they need some pure athleticism injected into the lineup.
That’s what they’ll get with Brown. And some dunks.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 0
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 18
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10