Jul 15, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The Knicks have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about a sign-and-trade that brings them Shaquille O’Neal.
Teams talk all the time. They talk like you and your buddies do about trades in your fantasy league. They ask about everything, some of it highly illogical.
They do very little of it. And according to the New York Post, this is not happening either.
A Knicks source said, “I don’t think it would work with us on all kinds of levels.”
Let’s take a quick walk back in time to the last time a general manager put Shaq on a Mike D’Antoni team. How did that work out? Shaq is a few years older and less effective. So the Knicks would want to make this move because….
Exactly. You can disregard this rumor.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18