Jul 15, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The Knicks have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about a sign-and-trade that brings them Shaquille O’Neal.
Teams talk all the time. They talk like you and your buddies do about trades in your fantasy league. They ask about everything, some of it highly illogical.
They do very little of it. And according to the New York Post, this is not happening either.
A Knicks source said, “I don’t think it would work with us on all kinds of levels.”
Let’s take a quick walk back in time to the last time a general manager put Shaq on a Mike D’Antoni team. How did that work out? Shaq is a few years older and less effective. So the Knicks would want to make this move because….
Exactly. You can disregard this rumor.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30