Jul 15, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The Knicks have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about a sign-and-trade that brings them Shaquille O’Neal.
Teams talk all the time. They talk like you and your buddies do about trades in your fantasy league. They ask about everything, some of it highly illogical.
They do very little of it. And according to the New York Post, this is not happening either.
A Knicks source said, “I don’t think it would work with us on all kinds of levels.”
Let’s take a quick walk back in time to the last time a general manager put Shaq on a Mike D’Antoni team. How did that work out? Shaq is a few years older and less effective. So the Knicks would want to make this move because….
Exactly. You can disregard this rumor.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8