Jul 15, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The Knicks have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about a sign-and-trade that brings them Shaquille O’Neal.
Teams talk all the time. They talk like you and your buddies do about trades in your fantasy league. They ask about everything, some of it highly illogical.
They do very little of it. And according to the New York Post, this is not happening either.
A Knicks source said, “I don’t think it would work with us on all kinds of levels.”
Let’s take a quick walk back in time to the last time a general manager put Shaq on a Mike D’Antoni team. How did that work out? Shaq is a few years older and less effective. So the Knicks would want to make this move because….
Exactly. You can disregard this rumor.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'