Jul 15, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The Knicks have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about a sign-and-trade that brings them Shaquille O’Neal.
Teams talk all the time. They talk like you and your buddies do about trades in your fantasy league. They ask about everything, some of it highly illogical.
They do very little of it. And according to the New York Post, this is not happening either.
A Knicks source said, “I don’t think it would work with us on all kinds of levels.”
Let’s take a quick walk back in time to the last time a general manager put Shaq on a Mike D’Antoni team. How did that work out? Shaq is a few years older and less effective. So the Knicks would want to make this move because….
Exactly. You can disregard this rumor.
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 17
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 75
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 44
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 43
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 86
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 40
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 30
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 51