Jul 15, 2010, 11:27 AM EST
We’ve struggled to put into words how we perplexed we have been over Minnesota signing Darko Milicic to a four-year, $20 million deal then shipping Al Jefferson out for almost nothing.
Chris Webber did it for us: “Good luck.”
(Now read that quote again in a deadpan, sarcastic tone. That’s it, now you’ve got it.)
Minnesota’s President of Basketball Operations David Kahn was on NBATV’s Summer League broadcast and the exchange between Webber and Kahn is funnier than anything in Grown Ups. Believe us.
“With us (Darko) was like Manna from heaven,” Kahn said “He is 7’1″ and legitimately moves like a forward… I haven’t seen a big man pass like him. He really does pass like Vlade (Divac).”
All Webber — a very good passing big in his own right — could say was “wow.”
The best part was when Kahn compares Webber to Darko in that Webber took a few years to find himself in the league.
“We’re not talking about me and Darko in the same sentence,” Webber said.
You have to watch it for yourself. Get to the 1:40 mark of this video, then enjoy.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16