Jul 15, 2010, 11:27 AM EST
We’ve struggled to put into words how we perplexed we have been over Minnesota signing Darko Milicic to a four-year, $20 million deal then shipping Al Jefferson out for almost nothing.
Chris Webber did it for us: “Good luck.”
(Now read that quote again in a deadpan, sarcastic tone. That’s it, now you’ve got it.)
Minnesota’s President of Basketball Operations David Kahn was on NBATV’s Summer League broadcast and the exchange between Webber and Kahn is funnier than anything in Grown Ups. Believe us.
“With us (Darko) was like Manna from heaven,” Kahn said “He is 7’1″ and legitimately moves like a forward… I haven’t seen a big man pass like him. He really does pass like Vlade (Divac).”
All Webber — a very good passing big in his own right — could say was “wow.”
The best part was when Kahn compares Webber to Darko in that Webber took a few years to find himself in the league.
“We’re not talking about me and Darko in the same sentence,” Webber said.
You have to watch it for yourself. Get to the 1:40 mark of this video, then enjoy.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 14
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 9
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 50
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28