Jul 15, 2010, 11:27 AM EST
We’ve struggled to put into words how we perplexed we have been over Minnesota signing Darko Milicic to a four-year, $20 million deal then shipping Al Jefferson out for almost nothing.
Chris Webber did it for us: “Good luck.”
(Now read that quote again in a deadpan, sarcastic tone. That’s it, now you’ve got it.)
Minnesota’s President of Basketball Operations David Kahn was on NBATV’s Summer League broadcast and the exchange between Webber and Kahn is funnier than anything in Grown Ups. Believe us.
“With us (Darko) was like Manna from heaven,” Kahn said “He is 7’1″ and legitimately moves like a forward… I haven’t seen a big man pass like him. He really does pass like Vlade (Divac).”
All Webber — a very good passing big in his own right — could say was “wow.”
The best part was when Kahn compares Webber to Darko in that Webber took a few years to find himself in the league.
“We’re not talking about me and Darko in the same sentence,” Webber said.
You have to watch it for yourself. Get to the 1:40 mark of this video, then enjoy.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 5
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11