Jul 15, 2010, 11:27 AM EDT
We’ve struggled to put into words how we perplexed we have been over Minnesota signing Darko Milicic to a four-year, $20 million deal then shipping Al Jefferson out for almost nothing.
Chris Webber did it for us: “Good luck.”
(Now read that quote again in a deadpan, sarcastic tone. That’s it, now you’ve got it.)
Minnesota’s President of Basketball Operations David Kahn was on NBATV’s Summer League broadcast and the exchange between Webber and Kahn is funnier than anything in Grown Ups. Believe us.
“With us (Darko) was like Manna from heaven,” Kahn said “He is 7’1″ and legitimately moves like a forward… I haven’t seen a big man pass like him. He really does pass like Vlade (Divac).”
All Webber — a very good passing big in his own right — could say was “wow.”
The best part was when Kahn compares Webber to Darko in that Webber took a few years to find himself in the league.
“We’re not talking about me and Darko in the same sentence,” Webber said.
You have to watch it for yourself. Get to the 1:40 mark of this video, then enjoy.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 1
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 17
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13