Jul 15, 2010, 8:40 AM EST
New Orleans had made a two-year offer to point guard Luther Head to be Chris Paul’s backup.
Make that, former general manager Jeff Bower did. He’s out now. And the Hornets — and whoever is making player/personnel moves right now — have informed Head that he failed the physical and have pulled the offer off the table.
Head’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, is pissed.
He first told the Associated Press that Head is perfectly healthy, thank you very much. And that the timing of the move by New Orleans is “unsettling.” Well, that’s the word he used in public, in private you can bet far more colorful terms were used.
The Hornets are not talking.
Meanwhile, Head is back on the market looking for a job.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41