Jul 15, 2010, 8:40 AM EST
New Orleans had made a two-year offer to point guard Luther Head to be Chris Paul’s backup.
Make that, former general manager Jeff Bower did. He’s out now. And the Hornets — and whoever is making player/personnel moves right now — have informed Head that he failed the physical and have pulled the offer off the table.
Head’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, is pissed.
He first told the Associated Press that Head is perfectly healthy, thank you very much. And that the timing of the move by New Orleans is “unsettling.” Well, that’s the word he used in public, in private you can bet far more colorful terms were used.
The Hornets are not talking.
Meanwhile, Head is back on the market looking for a job.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 10
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30