Jul 15, 2010, 8:40 AM EST
New Orleans had made a two-year offer to point guard Luther Head to be Chris Paul’s backup.
Make that, former general manager Jeff Bower did. He’s out now. And the Hornets — and whoever is making player/personnel moves right now — have informed Head that he failed the physical and have pulled the offer off the table.
Head’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, is pissed.
He first told the Associated Press that Head is perfectly healthy, thank you very much. And that the timing of the move by New Orleans is “unsettling.” Well, that’s the word he used in public, in private you can bet far more colorful terms were used.
The Hornets are not talking.
Meanwhile, Head is back on the market looking for a job.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 16
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11