Michael Jordan says Kobe is the best player in the game right now

Jul 14, 2010, 7:19 PM EDT

This actually happened last month at his camp but we just got the video and thought we’d pass this along. Michael Jordan says that right now, Kobe is the best player in the game, not LeBron. This is MJ, winning is what matters to him. So this shouldn’t be a shock.

And with the SuperFriends teaming up in Miami, that title thing could change sooner rather than later.

1. johnmaine - Jul 14, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Jose Valverde’s mound celebrations being compared to Carlos Perez: http://bit.ly/a2T9Jh

2. givetheballtopaul - Jul 14, 2010 at 11:21 PM

He’s the greatest player ever, not so much on the talent evaluation standpoint… And I’m pretty sure most people would agree that HE was the best player in the league even when Magic and Bird were winning rings..

3. Dylan - Jul 15, 2010 at 1:41 AM

I love you MJ but you are wrong! Kobe is flattering because he reminds you of yourself…minus his shooting percentage.

4. Mick - Jul 15, 2010 at 2:20 AM

I dont know why people are so upset about LeBron getting out of OH-HIGH-OH and going to the much better Miami. Hell be on a better team, in a better city, with better fans, and way better management.
    Keith Evans said it best:
    Anyone else would have made the same move!

5. Manny - Jul 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I agree with Mike. Right now, Kobe is the best player in the NBA. It was a toss-up between Kobe vs. Lebron, but then Kobe won another championship with his team while Lebron went and joined Dwayne Wade’s team.
    Therefore, Kobe wins. He’s the Man in the NBA right now. His team is the team to beat.

6. Hmm - Jul 15, 2010 at 10:07 AM

You guys keep defending the wrong argument.. The only people mad that Lebron left are Cavs fans, and rightfully so.. The rest of us are giving Lebron a hard time because of his tact. I would of left Cleveland too! but I wouldn’t have been a front-running douchebag as I did it.. The dude lacks class and is an ego-maniac, that’s why we rip him.

7. yup - Jul 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM

he’s right
    kobes the better player

8. Ryan - Jul 15, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Yup Michael is right. Kobe is the best player in the game right now. Now that Lebron is with the Heat I guess he will be no longer in the talks of an MVP title. Let’s leave that to Kobe and Durant.

9. Anonymous - Jul 15, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I totally aggree with you.

10. kay - Jul 19, 2010 at 8:31 AM

absolutely agree

11. jordan - Jul 19, 2010 at 10:20 AM

thats riht kobe is the best player in the nba right now

12. j johnson - Jul 19, 2010 at 2:44 PM

So you are saying it was a toss up until Kobe won is 5TH ring? How was it a toss up? its not even close. Lebron’s game is all based on his physical attributes. His actual skill level is no where near the level on Lebron. He is just physically a beast…once thats gone he is done. Kobe has refined his game…great post up game, jumper, fade away, floater, and he plays on the ball defence. Not the run from behind and get a block. Kobe is far superior IMO

13. Kevin - Jul 20, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Kobe has been the best player on the planet for the 6 or 7 years. He has been robbed when it comes to MVP awards. As much as I don’t like the Lakers I cannot deny that when it comes to winning, closing out games, basketball IQ and sheer desire and determination Kobe is the winner hands down over Lebron!! It has been said Kobe is the most hated athlete of this era! People so want him to fail and no longer be the best and he keeps walking off the court with the championship trophy making those who voted Lebron as MVP not looking to bright! I didn’t like Michael Jordan and the Bulls either, but you no what. I knew was the best and is the best ever. Kobe is the closest thing we have ever seen to Michael Jordan. So sorry dude who commented earlier. Kobe may be somewhat similar to Jordan, but he is right. Kobe is at this time better than Lebron or D-Wade. Jordan or Kobe would never have teamed with other superstars. They are the best of the best and better than all the rest!!!

14. AL ROJAS - Jul 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Yes i agree as of now kobe is the best, but still michael jordan is the best for me

15. AL ROJAS OF ROMBLON - Jul 31, 2010 at 2:10 PM

for me michael jordan still the best

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches