Jul 14, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Restricted free agent guard Kyle Lowry will remain a Rocket next season.
The Cleveland Cavaliers signed the 24-year old guard to an offer sheet, but Rockets general manager Daryl Morey announced on Twitter that the Rockets will match Cleveland’s offer and retain Lowry’s services.
Morey thanked Rockets owner Leslie Alexander in a second tweet:
“Credit Mr. Alexander – bringing Kyle back took one quick phone call. I appreciate the unshakable faith he has in the plan we laid out in Feb”
Lowry doesn’t put up huge numbers, but he’s an absolute bulldog on the court who plays the game with energy, intelligence, and grit. He’s a tough defender, quality playmaker, and is as good at getting himself to the free throw line as any guard in the league.
With Lowry re-signed, restricted free agent Luis Scola is the only loose end for the Rockets, and Houston will likely match whatever offer he gets. Houston may try to sign a lower-profile free agent to round out their rotation, but for the most part Houston’s roster is set.
Houston may not have landed Chris Bosh this off-season, but they’ve managed to keep all the key parts of a very solid roster. If Houston can stay healthy, they’ll make some serious noise this season.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (76)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld