Jul 14, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Restricted free agent guard Kyle Lowry will remain a Rocket next season.
The Cleveland Cavaliers signed the 24-year old guard to an offer sheet, but Rockets general manager Daryl Morey announced on Twitter that the Rockets will match Cleveland’s offer and retain Lowry’s services.
Morey thanked Rockets owner Leslie Alexander in a second tweet:
“Credit Mr. Alexander – bringing Kyle back took one quick phone call. I appreciate the unshakable faith he has in the plan we laid out in Feb”
Lowry doesn’t put up huge numbers, but he’s an absolute bulldog on the court who plays the game with energy, intelligence, and grit. He’s a tough defender, quality playmaker, and is as good at getting himself to the free throw line as any guard in the league.
With Lowry re-signed, restricted free agent Luis Scola is the only loose end for the Rockets, and Houston will likely match whatever offer he gets. Houston may try to sign a lower-profile free agent to round out their rotation, but for the most part Houston’s roster is set.
Houston may not have landed Chris Bosh this off-season, but they’ve managed to keep all the key parts of a very solid roster. If Houston can stay healthy, they’ll make some serious noise this season.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld