Jul 14, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
This makes me happy — I want to see Shaun Livingston back in basketball.
And he is about to be — the Charlotte Bobcats are close to signing him to a deal, according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer. Length and terms are still being hammered out.
Most people remember Livingston as the promising No. 4 overall pick by the Clippers. A tall (6’7″) point guard who is a gifted passer and has a tremendous feel for the game. Then came the horrific knee injury. He was not supposed to be back from that. But he’s a good guy and he worked hard for years and years, just trying to get a shot.
And there he was in Washington late last season playing well. In April he averaged 16.3 points and 6.1 assists per game on 64% shooting. He deserved a shot.
And Charlotte is a good place to get one — they just got rid of Raymond Felton. Right now Livingston and D.J. Augustin are the guys battling to be the starting point guard. He could get minutes.
Of course, he could be moved again in a trade before the season starts. But at least it sounds like he’s going to be in the NBA next season. That would make me happy.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 0
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 7
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 41
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54