Jul 14, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
This makes me happy — I want to see Shaun Livingston back in basketball.
And he is about to be — the Charlotte Bobcats are close to signing him to a deal, according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer. Length and terms are still being hammered out.
Most people remember Livingston as the promising No. 4 overall pick by the Clippers. A tall (6’7″) point guard who is a gifted passer and has a tremendous feel for the game. Then came the horrific knee injury. He was not supposed to be back from that. But he’s a good guy and he worked hard for years and years, just trying to get a shot.
And there he was in Washington late last season playing well. In April he averaged 16.3 points and 6.1 assists per game on 64% shooting. He deserved a shot.
And Charlotte is a good place to get one — they just got rid of Raymond Felton. Right now Livingston and D.J. Augustin are the guys battling to be the starting point guard. He could get minutes.
Of course, he could be moved again in a trade before the season starts. But at least it sounds like he’s going to be in the NBA next season. That would make me happy.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15