Jul 14, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
This makes me happy — I want to see Shaun Livingston back in basketball.
And he is about to be — the Charlotte Bobcats are close to signing him to a deal, according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer. Length and terms are still being hammered out.
Most people remember Livingston as the promising No. 4 overall pick by the Clippers. A tall (6’7″) point guard who is a gifted passer and has a tremendous feel for the game. Then came the horrific knee injury. He was not supposed to be back from that. But he’s a good guy and he worked hard for years and years, just trying to get a shot.
And there he was in Washington late last season playing well. In April he averaged 16.3 points and 6.1 assists per game on 64% shooting. He deserved a shot.
And Charlotte is a good place to get one — they just got rid of Raymond Felton. Right now Livingston and D.J. Augustin are the guys battling to be the starting point guard. He could get minutes.
Of course, he could be moved again in a trade before the season starts. But at least it sounds like he’s going to be in the NBA next season. That would make me happy.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 17
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 37
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 13
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33