Jul 14, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
This makes me happy — I want to see Shaun Livingston back in basketball.
And he is about to be — the Charlotte Bobcats are close to signing him to a deal, according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer. Length and terms are still being hammered out.
Most people remember Livingston as the promising No. 4 overall pick by the Clippers. A tall (6’7″) point guard who is a gifted passer and has a tremendous feel for the game. Then came the horrific knee injury. He was not supposed to be back from that. But he’s a good guy and he worked hard for years and years, just trying to get a shot.
And there he was in Washington late last season playing well. In April he averaged 16.3 points and 6.1 assists per game on 64% shooting. He deserved a shot.
And Charlotte is a good place to get one — they just got rid of Raymond Felton. Right now Livingston and D.J. Augustin are the guys battling to be the starting point guard. He could get minutes.
Of course, he could be moved again in a trade before the season starts. But at least it sounds like he’s going to be in the NBA next season. That would make me happy.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 11
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 5
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 33
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 51
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28