Jul 13, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Shrek and donkey will be back for another go around.
Nate Robinson is close to a deal that will keep the backup guard in green for another season, according to his agent Aaron Goodwin, talking to the Boston Herald.
“Things are going well,” Goodwin said. “We’re just trying to get something worked out. But both parties are talking.”
That’s donkey, Shrek — aka Glen “Big Baby” Davis — is already under contract. Davis was in Las Vegas Monday taking in a John Wall Summer League game.
Boston can only offer Robinson a veteran minimum deal, but that may be all the market there is for Robinson right now.
The Celtics need some depth in the backcourt after losing Tony Allen to the Memphis Grizzlies. That was about money — both Memphis and Boston offered $3 million a year, but Memphis guaranteed the third year of that deal. Plus, much better barbeque in Memphis. You have to factor these things in.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49