Jul 13, 2010, 8:20 AM EST
Shrek and donkey will be back for another go around.
Nate Robinson is close to a deal that will keep the backup guard in green for another season, according to his agent Aaron Goodwin, talking to the Boston Herald.
“Things are going well,” Goodwin said. “We’re just trying to get something worked out. But both parties are talking.”
That’s donkey, Shrek — aka Glen “Big Baby” Davis — is already under contract. Davis was in Las Vegas Monday taking in a John Wall Summer League game.
Boston can only offer Robinson a veteran minimum deal, but that may be all the market there is for Robinson right now.
The Celtics need some depth in the backcourt after losing Tony Allen to the Memphis Grizzlies. That was about money — both Memphis and Boston offered $3 million a year, but Memphis guaranteed the third year of that deal. Plus, much better barbeque in Memphis. You have to factor these things in.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 13
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 6
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)