Jul 13, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Shrek and donkey will be back for another go around.
Nate Robinson is close to a deal that will keep the backup guard in green for another season, according to his agent Aaron Goodwin, talking to the Boston Herald.
“Things are going well,” Goodwin said. “We’re just trying to get something worked out. But both parties are talking.”
That’s donkey, Shrek — aka Glen “Big Baby” Davis — is already under contract. Davis was in Las Vegas Monday taking in a John Wall Summer League game.
Boston can only offer Robinson a veteran minimum deal, but that may be all the market there is for Robinson right now.
The Celtics need some depth in the backcourt after losing Tony Allen to the Memphis Grizzlies. That was about money — both Memphis and Boston offered $3 million a year, but Memphis guaranteed the third year of that deal. Plus, much better barbeque in Memphis. You have to factor these things in.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 5
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 22
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82