Jul 13, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Shrek and donkey will be back for another go around.
Nate Robinson is close to a deal that will keep the backup guard in green for another season, according to his agent Aaron Goodwin, talking to the Boston Herald.
“Things are going well,” Goodwin said. “We’re just trying to get something worked out. But both parties are talking.”
That’s donkey, Shrek — aka Glen “Big Baby” Davis — is already under contract. Davis was in Las Vegas Monday taking in a John Wall Summer League game.
Boston can only offer Robinson a veteran minimum deal, but that may be all the market there is for Robinson right now.
The Celtics need some depth in the backcourt after losing Tony Allen to the Memphis Grizzlies. That was about money — both Memphis and Boston offered $3 million a year, but Memphis guaranteed the third year of that deal. Plus, much better barbeque in Memphis. You have to factor these things in.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 0
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20