Jul 13, 2010, 8:20 AM EST
Shrek and donkey will be back for another go around.
Nate Robinson is close to a deal that will keep the backup guard in green for another season, according to his agent Aaron Goodwin, talking to the Boston Herald.
“Things are going well,” Goodwin said. “We’re just trying to get something worked out. But both parties are talking.”
That’s donkey, Shrek — aka Glen “Big Baby” Davis — is already under contract. Davis was in Las Vegas Monday taking in a John Wall Summer League game.
Boston can only offer Robinson a veteran minimum deal, but that may be all the market there is for Robinson right now.
The Celtics need some depth in the backcourt after losing Tony Allen to the Memphis Grizzlies. That was about money — both Memphis and Boston offered $3 million a year, but Memphis guaranteed the third year of that deal. Plus, much better barbeque in Memphis. You have to factor these things in.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36