Jul 13, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
It all comes down to this roll. Dwight Howard, a man-child, with a dream to
topple bowling giant Chris Paul. If he strikes, he’s the 1979
Odor-Eaters Champion. He’s got one foot in the frying pan and one in the
pressure cooker. Believe me, as a bowler, I know that right about now,
your bladder feels like an overstuffed vacuum cleaner bag and your butt
is kinda like an about-to-explode bratwurst.
Maybe basketball isn’t Dwight Howard’s best sport. (Insert your own joke here, I can’t choose just one.)
In a summer of unexpected NBA announcements, this one may be the most out of left field: Dwight Howard has been nominated for the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame. Eddie Rivera at MagicBasketball.net found this one.
From Hollywood “A”-listers and the stars of the silver screen to pro athletes and celebrities who like to bowl for fun, the revitalization of bowling is evident across all sectors of pop culture….
Nominees include Hollywood megastars Bill Murray (Kingpin), Jeff Bridges (Big Lebowski) and Paris Hilton, pop music artists and bowling aficionados Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift, NBA athletes and recreational bowlers Chris Paul and Dwight Howard and TV personalities Jimmy Fallon and Kim Kardashian…
Chris Paul and Dwight Howard were both nominated. That can’t be a coincidence. Clearly this means they are talking about getting together in a couple years to form an unstoppable “super team” in New York. There are bowling alleys in Manhattan, right?
I have issues with any Hall of Fame that lets Justin Bieber in. Howard should turn down the request on those grounds alone.
Unless Bieber and Howard are going to get together and form a bowling super team….
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final