Jul 13, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
It all comes down to this roll. Dwight Howard, a man-child, with a dream to
topple bowling giant Chris Paul. If he strikes, he’s the 1979
Odor-Eaters Champion. He’s got one foot in the frying pan and one in the
pressure cooker. Believe me, as a bowler, I know that right about now,
your bladder feels like an overstuffed vacuum cleaner bag and your butt
is kinda like an about-to-explode bratwurst.
Maybe basketball isn’t Dwight Howard’s best sport. (Insert your own joke here, I can’t choose just one.)
In a summer of unexpected NBA announcements, this one may be the most out of left field: Dwight Howard has been nominated for the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame. Eddie Rivera at MagicBasketball.net found this one.
From Hollywood “A”-listers and the stars of the silver screen to pro athletes and celebrities who like to bowl for fun, the revitalization of bowling is evident across all sectors of pop culture….
Nominees include Hollywood megastars Bill Murray (Kingpin), Jeff Bridges (Big Lebowski) and Paris Hilton, pop music artists and bowling aficionados Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift, NBA athletes and recreational bowlers Chris Paul and Dwight Howard and TV personalities Jimmy Fallon and Kim Kardashian…
Chris Paul and Dwight Howard were both nominated. That can’t be a coincidence. Clearly this means they are talking about getting together in a couple years to form an unstoppable “super team” in New York. There are bowling alleys in Manhattan, right?
I have issues with any Hall of Fame that lets Justin Bieber in. Howard should turn down the request on those grounds alone.
Unless Bieber and Howard are going to get together and form a bowling super team….
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14