Jul 12, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
The Matt Barnes era in Orlando is over. Long live Quenton Richardson.
Richardson has reached a deal with the Orlando Magic, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Richardson fits what Orlando likes to do — he shot 40 percent from three last year. And Orlando likes to shoot the three. He also is a pretty good defender. All in all, a good fit. We’re not sure what the money or years are yet.
It means Matt Barnes is leaving Orlando.
The question is will it have a bearing on if the Magic match the offer JJ Redick got from the Chicago Bulls. Frankly, Redick and Richardson would make a great starter/backup at the two that few teams could match. But how much does Orlando want to spend?
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 7
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5