Jul 12, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
The Matt Barnes era in Orlando is over. Long live Quenton Richardson.
Richardson has reached a deal with the Orlando Magic, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Richardson fits what Orlando likes to do — he shot 40 percent from three last year. And Orlando likes to shoot the three. He also is a pretty good defender. All in all, a good fit. We’re not sure what the money or years are yet.
It means Matt Barnes is leaving Orlando.
The question is will it have a bearing on if the Magic match the offer JJ Redick got from the Chicago Bulls. Frankly, Redick and Richardson would make a great starter/backup at the two that few teams could match. But how much does Orlando want to spend?
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 30
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 13
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28