Jul 12, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
The Matt Barnes era in Orlando is over. Long live Quenton Richardson.
Richardson has reached a deal with the Orlando Magic, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Richardson fits what Orlando likes to do — he shot 40 percent from three last year. And Orlando likes to shoot the three. He also is a pretty good defender. All in all, a good fit. We’re not sure what the money or years are yet.
It means Matt Barnes is leaving Orlando.
The question is will it have a bearing on if the Magic match the offer JJ Redick got from the Chicago Bulls. Frankly, Redick and Richardson would make a great starter/backup at the two that few teams could match. But how much does Orlando want to spend?
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18