Jul 12, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
The Matt Barnes era in Orlando is over. Long live Quenton Richardson.
Richardson has reached a deal with the Orlando Magic, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Richardson fits what Orlando likes to do — he shot 40 percent from three last year. And Orlando likes to shoot the three. He also is a pretty good defender. All in all, a good fit. We’re not sure what the money or years are yet.
It means Matt Barnes is leaving Orlando.
The question is will it have a bearing on if the Magic match the offer JJ Redick got from the Chicago Bulls. Frankly, Redick and Richardson would make a great starter/backup at the two that few teams could match. But how much does Orlando want to spend?
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 35
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 13
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 11
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5