Jul 12, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
The Matt Barnes era in Orlando is over. Long live Quenton Richardson.
Richardson has reached a deal with the Orlando Magic, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Richardson fits what Orlando likes to do — he shot 40 percent from three last year. And Orlando likes to shoot the three. He also is a pretty good defender. All in all, a good fit. We’re not sure what the money or years are yet.
It means Matt Barnes is leaving Orlando.
The question is will it have a bearing on if the Magic match the offer JJ Redick got from the Chicago Bulls. Frankly, Redick and Richardson would make a great starter/backup at the two that few teams could match. But how much does Orlando want to spend?
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14