Jul 12, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Nets have made a sign-and-trade deal with the Warriors for Anthony Morrow.
Morrow had been a restricted free agent, but the Warriors agreeing to a sign-and-trade means that they have given up their right to match the three-year, $12 million dollar offer sheet Morrow signed with the Nets. In exchange for Morrow, the Warriors will receive a trade exception worth $4 million.
Morrow may be the best catch-and-shoot specialist in the league, but the Warriors feel that signing the more versatile Dorell Wright was a better use of their resources than retaining Morrow’s services would have been.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 14
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 55
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld