Jul 12, 2010, 4:52 PM EST
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Nets have made a sign-and-trade deal with the Warriors for Anthony Morrow.
Morrow had been a restricted free agent, but the Warriors agreeing to a sign-and-trade means that they have given up their right to match the three-year, $12 million dollar offer sheet Morrow signed with the Nets. In exchange for Morrow, the Warriors will receive a trade exception worth $4 million.
Morrow may be the best catch-and-shoot specialist in the league, but the Warriors feel that signing the more versatile Dorell Wright was a better use of their resources than retaining Morrow’s services would have been.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 16
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld