Jul 12, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Nets have made a sign-and-trade deal with the Warriors for Anthony Morrow.
Morrow had been a restricted free agent, but the Warriors agreeing to a sign-and-trade means that they have given up their right to match the three-year, $12 million dollar offer sheet Morrow signed with the Nets. In exchange for Morrow, the Warriors will receive a trade exception worth $4 million.
Morrow may be the best catch-and-shoot specialist in the league, but the Warriors feel that signing the more versatile Dorell Wright was a better use of their resources than retaining Morrow’s services would have been.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld