Jul 12, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Nets have made a sign-and-trade deal with the Warriors for Anthony Morrow.
Morrow had been a restricted free agent, but the Warriors agreeing to a sign-and-trade means that they have given up their right to match the three-year, $12 million dollar offer sheet Morrow signed with the Nets. In exchange for Morrow, the Warriors will receive a trade exception worth $4 million.
Morrow may be the best catch-and-shoot specialist in the league, but the Warriors feel that signing the more versatile Dorell Wright was a better use of their resources than retaining Morrow’s services would have been.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld