Jul 12, 2010, 4:52 PM EST
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Nets have made a sign-and-trade deal with the Warriors for Anthony Morrow.
Morrow had been a restricted free agent, but the Warriors agreeing to a sign-and-trade means that they have given up their right to match the three-year, $12 million dollar offer sheet Morrow signed with the Nets. In exchange for Morrow, the Warriors will receive a trade exception worth $4 million.
Morrow may be the best catch-and-shoot specialist in the league, but the Warriors feel that signing the more versatile Dorell Wright was a better use of their resources than retaining Morrow’s services would have been.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld