Jul 12, 2010, 11:24 PM EDT
Mike Miller has now agreed to terms with the Miami Heat, according to our man Ira Winderman down in Miami.
That brings the Heat roster up to six signed — Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem and now Miller. That’s the top six of a contender.
But how do they fill out the rest of the roster? It’s not that hard.
They have extended a qualifying offer to center Joel Anthony and they will bring him back, because they need centers. Look for Jamaal Magloire and maybe Zydrunas Ilgauskas to join him. Not the best lineup of centers, but they don’t need the best lineup of centers, they just need some big bodies to guard the paint a little.
Other guys you could see with the Heat: Carlos Arroyo, and forward James Jones. Juwan Howard wants to come and there is no reason not to give him a chance. Dexter Pittman is here in Vegas and while he may bounce between the D-League and the NBA, he could be on the roster. They should keep Da’Sean Butler of Wake Forest on the roster — healthy he might have gone in the first round, this is a guy you can be patient with.
There you go. That’s 14. There may be another point like Earl Watson or Jason Williams thrown in. But that’s your roster filled out, all pretty easily.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 2
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 19
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9