Jul 12, 2010, 10:16 AM EDT
Carlos Boozer: Gone. Kyle Korver: Gone.
Deron Williams: Still in Utah. And he is “frustrated.” In a deep Western Conference, the Jazz have gotten worse this summer, he told the Desert News (via Slam). Although he tried to put a positive spin on it.
“It was tough to see Booz (Carlos Boozer) and Kyle (Korver) go,” Williams said. “But they made business decisions and you have to live with them…
“We still have a solid team, you know,” Williams said. “Are we going to compete for a championship? That’s tough to say.
“We do have a good team,” he added. “We have some guys that I think can step up. I think Paul (Millsap) can come in and contribute. I think it’s a good opportunity for him to show people what he can really do given the opportunity, given the minutes.”
It’s especially hard to accept the Utah situation when Miami is stocked for a run. While in the West the Spurs and the Lakers made moves to get better.
The Jazz are not going to be a bad team this coming season, but they are not as deep — last year they brought Millsap off the bench, now he is going to start and there are questions about who is going to back him up. Ronnie Brewer may or may not be back.
Williams is going to have to do more. A lot more. And it will not be enough. Which is enough to frustrate anybody.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 5
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 4
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 16
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games