Jul 12, 2010, 10:16 AM EST
Carlos Boozer: Gone. Kyle Korver: Gone.
Deron Williams: Still in Utah. And he is “frustrated.” In a deep Western Conference, the Jazz have gotten worse this summer, he told the Desert News (via Slam). Although he tried to put a positive spin on it.
“It was tough to see Booz (Carlos Boozer) and Kyle (Korver) go,” Williams said. “But they made business decisions and you have to live with them…
“We still have a solid team, you know,” Williams said. “Are we going to compete for a championship? That’s tough to say.
“We do have a good team,” he added. “We have some guys that I think can step up. I think Paul (Millsap) can come in and contribute. I think it’s a good opportunity for him to show people what he can really do given the opportunity, given the minutes.”
It’s especially hard to accept the Utah situation when Miami is stocked for a run. While in the West the Spurs and the Lakers made moves to get better.
The Jazz are not going to be a bad team this coming season, but they are not as deep — last year they brought Millsap off the bench, now he is going to start and there are questions about who is going to back him up. Ronnie Brewer may or may not be back.
Williams is going to have to do more. A lot more. And it will not be enough. Which is enough to frustrate anybody.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)