Jul 11, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
So that’s why they were so aggressive in pursuit of Corey Maggette.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Michael Redd is not expected back in action before February 2011. Redd, age 30, has been largely replaced by both John Salmons and Maggette (along with Chris Douglas-Roberts) on the wing.
Redd tried to return from injury last season and blew out the ACL again. This time, he’s taking a much more conservative approach. Redd’s best chance to finish his career successfully is to wait until he’s fully healthy, then hopefully be traded to a contender with his expiring contract, or traded to a rebuilding team with hopes of a buyout.
Redd was a great player for the Bucks, but like a lot of players, was robbed of the chance to contribute to his team’s resurgence due to injury. Maybe he’ll get another chance with another squad. After all, in the modern NBA, that expiring is more valuable than almost anything.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 46
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld