Jul 11, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
So that’s why they were so aggressive in pursuit of Corey Maggette.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Michael Redd is not expected back in action before February 2011. Redd, age 30, has been largely replaced by both John Salmons and Maggette (along with Chris Douglas-Roberts) on the wing.
Redd tried to return from injury last season and blew out the ACL again. This time, he’s taking a much more conservative approach. Redd’s best chance to finish his career successfully is to wait until he’s fully healthy, then hopefully be traded to a contender with his expiring contract, or traded to a rebuilding team with hopes of a buyout.
Redd was a great player for the Bucks, but like a lot of players, was robbed of the chance to contribute to his team’s resurgence due to injury. Maybe he’ll get another chance with another squad. After all, in the modern NBA, that expiring is more valuable than almost anything.
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 43
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 37
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 79
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 17
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 36
- Carmelo Anthony still not ready to decide, but he needs to soon as options dry up 48
- Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there 58
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld