Jul 11, 2010, 2:50 PM EST
So that’s why they were so aggressive in pursuit of Corey Maggette.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Michael Redd is not expected back in action before February 2011. Redd, age 30, has been largely replaced by both John Salmons and Maggette (along with Chris Douglas-Roberts) on the wing.
Redd tried to return from injury last season and blew out the ACL again. This time, he’s taking a much more conservative approach. Redd’s best chance to finish his career successfully is to wait until he’s fully healthy, then hopefully be traded to a contender with his expiring contract, or traded to a rebuilding team with hopes of a buyout.
Redd was a great player for the Bucks, but like a lot of players, was robbed of the chance to contribute to his team’s resurgence due to injury. Maybe he’ll get another chance with another squad. After all, in the modern NBA, that expiring is more valuable than almost anything.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld