Jul 11, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
So that’s why they were so aggressive in pursuit of Corey Maggette.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Michael Redd is not expected back in action before February 2011. Redd, age 30, has been largely replaced by both John Salmons and Maggette (along with Chris Douglas-Roberts) on the wing.
Redd tried to return from injury last season and blew out the ACL again. This time, he’s taking a much more conservative approach. Redd’s best chance to finish his career successfully is to wait until he’s fully healthy, then hopefully be traded to a contender with his expiring contract, or traded to a rebuilding team with hopes of a buyout.
Redd was a great player for the Bucks, but like a lot of players, was robbed of the chance to contribute to his team’s resurgence due to injury. Maybe he’ll get another chance with another squad. After all, in the modern NBA, that expiring is more valuable than almost anything.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 0
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 30
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld