Jul 11, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
So that’s why they were so aggressive in pursuit of Corey Maggette.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Michael Redd is not expected back in action before February 2011. Redd, age 30, has been largely replaced by both John Salmons and Maggette (along with Chris Douglas-Roberts) on the wing.
Redd tried to return from injury last season and blew out the ACL again. This time, he’s taking a much more conservative approach. Redd’s best chance to finish his career successfully is to wait until he’s fully healthy, then hopefully be traded to a contender with his expiring contract, or traded to a rebuilding team with hopes of a buyout.
Redd was a great player for the Bucks, but like a lot of players, was robbed of the chance to contribute to his team’s resurgence due to injury. Maybe he’ll get another chance with another squad. After all, in the modern NBA, that expiring is more valuable than almost anything.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld