Jul 11, 2010, 12:32 PM EST
Not everybody wants to play in Miami right now.
The Heat’s Dorell Wright is very close to leaving South Beach and signing a new deal with Golden State, a three-year contract worth more than $10 million, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
The Warriors are not going to match the offer the New Jersey Nets made to Anthony Morrow, according to the report. Which is crazy. Morrow has the potential to be a real impact player at the point in this league and the Warriors are letting the Nets have him for four years, $12 million. Yes, Steph Curry is the future point for the Warriors but you don’t just let good talent leave cheaply. And you wonder why the team has struggled recently under this management.
They do get a solid wing player in Wright, who can shoot the three and attack the rim. He’s athletic and a good fit at the three for Golden State. Good solid role player for a team, a guy that should pair well with Curry.
Miami doesn’t really need Wright at the three with LeBron James and Mike Miller ahead of him. It’s all for the best anyway. Maybe it was time for Wright to change scenery. Last season included a DUI for Wright and an embarrassing exposure on twitter for the swingman. A fresh start on the West Coast can help put that all in the past.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 17
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13