Jul 11, 2010, 12:32 PM EST
Not everybody wants to play in Miami right now.
The Heat’s Dorell Wright is very close to leaving South Beach and signing a new deal with Golden State, a three-year contract worth more than $10 million, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
The Warriors are not going to match the offer the New Jersey Nets made to Anthony Morrow, according to the report. Which is crazy. Morrow has the potential to be a real impact player at the point in this league and the Warriors are letting the Nets have him for four years, $12 million. Yes, Steph Curry is the future point for the Warriors but you don’t just let good talent leave cheaply. And you wonder why the team has struggled recently under this management.
They do get a solid wing player in Wright, who can shoot the three and attack the rim. He’s athletic and a good fit at the three for Golden State. Good solid role player for a team, a guy that should pair well with Curry.
Miami doesn’t really need Wright at the three with LeBron James and Mike Miller ahead of him. It’s all for the best anyway. Maybe it was time for Wright to change scenery. Last season included a DUI for Wright and an embarrassing exposure on twitter for the swingman. A fresh start on the West Coast can help put that all in the past.
- The Extra Pass: Golden State’s Elevator Screen plus Wednesday’s recaps 0
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Vintage Dwyane Wade sighting 1
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 28
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 12
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)