Jul 11, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
Not everybody wants to play in Miami right now.
The Heat’s Dorell Wright is very close to leaving South Beach and signing a new deal with Golden State, a three-year contract worth more than $10 million, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
The Warriors are not going to match the offer the New Jersey Nets made to Anthony Morrow, according to the report. Which is crazy. Morrow has the potential to be a real impact player at the point in this league and the Warriors are letting the Nets have him for four years, $12 million. Yes, Steph Curry is the future point for the Warriors but you don’t just let good talent leave cheaply. And you wonder why the team has struggled recently under this management.
They do get a solid wing player in Wright, who can shoot the three and attack the rim. He’s athletic and a good fit at the three for Golden State. Good solid role player for a team, a guy that should pair well with Curry.
Miami doesn’t really need Wright at the three with LeBron James and Mike Miller ahead of him. It’s all for the best anyway. Maybe it was time for Wright to change scenery. Last season included a DUI for Wright and an embarrassing exposure on twitter for the swingman. A fresh start on the West Coast can help put that all in the past.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 25
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23