Jul 11, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
Not everybody wants to play in Miami right now.
The Heat’s Dorell Wright is very close to leaving South Beach and signing a new deal with Golden State, a three-year contract worth more than $10 million, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
The Warriors are not going to match the offer the New Jersey Nets made to Anthony Morrow, according to the report. Which is crazy. Morrow has the potential to be a real impact player at the point in this league and the Warriors are letting the Nets have him for four years, $12 million. Yes, Steph Curry is the future point for the Warriors but you don’t just let good talent leave cheaply. And you wonder why the team has struggled recently under this management.
They do get a solid wing player in Wright, who can shoot the three and attack the rim. He’s athletic and a good fit at the three for Golden State. Good solid role player for a team, a guy that should pair well with Curry.
Miami doesn’t really need Wright at the three with LeBron James and Mike Miller ahead of him. It’s all for the best anyway. Maybe it was time for Wright to change scenery. Last season included a DUI for Wright and an embarrassing exposure on twitter for the swingman. A fresh start on the West Coast can help put that all in the past.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay