Jul 11, 2010, 10:06 AM EDT
The event had been common knowledge and was being discussed as the reason LeBron James chose to hold “The Decision” in New York, even though after announcing the move to the Heat he flew to Miami with the rest of the Miami Thrice and then back for the wedding Saturday. Because, you know, you can do that when you’re richer than God.
The ceremony was attended by more than 300 people along with James, including Spike Lee, Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Justin Timberlake, and Ludacris. It was filmed for a reality TV series on VH1, because that’s how these things go these days.
Even with the reality angle spiked into what sounds like a pretty tasteful ceremony, it’s a step in maturity for Carmelo, who has changed considerably since the birth of his now three-year-old son, according to sources close to Melo. That maturity has led to growth and off the court.
Best wishes from PBT to Carmelo and La La. Though we were hurt we didn’t get an invite.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld