Jul 11, 2010, 10:06 AM EDT
The event had been common knowledge and was being discussed as the reason LeBron James chose to hold “The Decision” in New York, even though after announcing the move to the Heat he flew to Miami with the rest of the Miami Thrice and then back for the wedding Saturday. Because, you know, you can do that when you’re richer than God.
The ceremony was attended by more than 300 people along with James, including Spike Lee, Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Justin Timberlake, and Ludacris. It was filmed for a reality TV series on VH1, because that’s how these things go these days.
Even with the reality angle spiked into what sounds like a pretty tasteful ceremony, it’s a step in maturity for Carmelo, who has changed considerably since the birth of his now three-year-old son, according to sources close to Melo. That maturity has led to growth and off the court.
Best wishes from PBT to Carmelo and La La. Though we were hurt we didn’t get an invite.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld