Jul 11, 2010, 10:06 AM EST
The event had been common knowledge and was being discussed as the reason LeBron James chose to hold “The Decision” in New York, even though after announcing the move to the Heat he flew to Miami with the rest of the Miami Thrice and then back for the wedding Saturday. Because, you know, you can do that when you’re richer than God.
The ceremony was attended by more than 300 people along with James, including Spike Lee, Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Justin Timberlake, and Ludacris. It was filmed for a reality TV series on VH1, because that’s how these things go these days.
Even with the reality angle spiked into what sounds like a pretty tasteful ceremony, it’s a step in maturity for Carmelo, who has changed considerably since the birth of his now three-year-old son, according to sources close to Melo. That maturity has led to growth and off the court.
Best wishes from PBT to Carmelo and La La. Though we were hurt we didn’t get an invite.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)