Jul 11, 2010, 10:06 AM EDT
The event had been common knowledge and was being discussed as the reason LeBron James chose to hold “The Decision” in New York, even though after announcing the move to the Heat he flew to Miami with the rest of the Miami Thrice and then back for the wedding Saturday. Because, you know, you can do that when you’re richer than God.
The ceremony was attended by more than 300 people along with James, including Spike Lee, Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Justin Timberlake, and Ludacris. It was filmed for a reality TV series on VH1, because that’s how these things go these days.
Even with the reality angle spiked into what sounds like a pretty tasteful ceremony, it’s a step in maturity for Carmelo, who has changed considerably since the birth of his now three-year-old son, according to sources close to Melo. That maturity has led to growth and off the court.
Best wishes from PBT to Carmelo and La La. Though we were hurt we didn’t get an invite.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
Did Chicago do the right thing in firing Thibodeau?
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld