Video:The Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James Heat Introduction, because things haven't really gone over the top yet
Jul 10, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
Hey, you know what would be fun? If we somehow took the ridiculous spectacle of the Free Agency Summer of Doom to whole new levels. That would be fun.
And then Dan Gilbert’s music played and he came out with Mo Williams and hit them in the back of the head with a steel chair.
Also, did we have to invoke the Superman reference? Because now we’re going to have Shaq vs. Dwight Howard vs. the Miami Thrice. For LeBron to say “it feels right” is probably a little unnecessary. “Good” would have worked. “Great” even. But “right?” Are you trying to stab Cleveland in the heart, now?
In the same press conference, James made references to multiple championships, sparking the loudest roar of “TRY WINNING ONE FIRST” in this country’s great history. This team could have wound up as the heroes for a new generation, and instead with the way this has been handled, they’ve become villains to many. But maybe that’s fine.
Winners get to write the history books after all.
In closing, is this really happening?
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34