Video:The Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James Heat Introduction, because things haven't really gone over the top yet
Jul 10, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
Hey, you know what would be fun? If we somehow took the ridiculous spectacle of the Free Agency Summer of Doom to whole new levels. That would be fun.
And then Dan Gilbert’s music played and he came out with Mo Williams and hit them in the back of the head with a steel chair.
Also, did we have to invoke the Superman reference? Because now we’re going to have Shaq vs. Dwight Howard vs. the Miami Thrice. For LeBron to say “it feels right” is probably a little unnecessary. “Good” would have worked. “Great” even. But “right?” Are you trying to stab Cleveland in the heart, now?
In the same press conference, James made references to multiple championships, sparking the loudest roar of “TRY WINNING ONE FIRST” in this country’s great history. This team could have wound up as the heroes for a new generation, and instead with the way this has been handled, they’ve become villains to many. But maybe that’s fine.
Winners get to write the history books after all.
In closing, is this really happening?
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15