Video:The Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James Heat Introduction, because things haven't really gone over the top yet
Jul 10, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
Hey, you know what would be fun? If we somehow took the ridiculous spectacle of the Free Agency Summer of Doom to whole new levels. That would be fun.
And then Dan Gilbert’s music played and he came out with Mo Williams and hit them in the back of the head with a steel chair.
Also, did we have to invoke the Superman reference? Because now we’re going to have Shaq vs. Dwight Howard vs. the Miami Thrice. For LeBron to say “it feels right” is probably a little unnecessary. “Good” would have worked. “Great” even. But “right?” Are you trying to stab Cleveland in the heart, now?
In the same press conference, James made references to multiple championships, sparking the loudest roar of “TRY WINNING ONE FIRST” in this country’s great history. This team could have wound up as the heroes for a new generation, and instead with the way this has been handled, they’ve become villains to many. But maybe that’s fine.
Winners get to write the history books after all.
In closing, is this really happening?
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15