Jul 10, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
Nuggets summer league invite Brian Butch sustained what appears to be a serious injury during a game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday. According to several sources, Butch has dislocated his left patella.
Butch went down in extreme pain, and the injury to his knee was plainly visible to the naked eye. Butch was carried off in a stretcher. He gave the crowds a thumbs-up, but was clearly distraught by the severity of his injury and the implications it may have on him.
The 25-year old Butch spent four seasons at Wisconsin, and was named to the All-Big 10 team during the 2007-08 season. Butch has played professionally in Europe, and was named the MVP of last year’s D-League All-Star Game. Hopefully, he can make a full recovery from this very serious injury.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld