Jul 10, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
Nuggets summer league invite Brian Butch sustained what appears to be a serious injury during a game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday. According to several sources, Butch has dislocated his left patella.
Butch went down in extreme pain, and the injury to his knee was plainly visible to the naked eye. Butch was carried off in a stretcher. He gave the crowds a thumbs-up, but was clearly distraught by the severity of his injury and the implications it may have on him.
The 25-year old Butch spent four seasons at Wisconsin, and was named to the All-Big 10 team during the 2007-08 season. Butch has played professionally in Europe, and was named the MVP of last year’s D-League All-Star Game. Hopefully, he can make a full recovery from this very serious injury.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld