Jul 10, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
Nuggets summer league invite Brian Butch sustained what appears to be a serious injury during a game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday. According to several sources, Butch has dislocated his left patella.
Butch went down in extreme pain, and the injury to his knee was plainly visible to the naked eye. Butch was carried off in a stretcher. He gave the crowds a thumbs-up, but was clearly distraught by the severity of his injury and the implications it may have on him.
The 25-year old Butch spent four seasons at Wisconsin, and was named to the All-Big 10 team during the 2007-08 season. Butch has played professionally in Europe, and was named the MVP of last year’s D-League All-Star Game. Hopefully, he can make a full recovery from this very serious injury.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 6
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld