Jul 10, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
Man, is this going to get awkward.
At the press-conference… and I use that term loosely, to introduce LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh as the new Heat triumvirate yesterday, LeBron reacted to Gilbert’s
diatribe comments in his letter to the fans of Cleveland (and subsequent interviews).
“And to also hear my former owners’ comments, I absolutely know I made the right decision.”
This is an ugly, messy situation in which neither side is making things any easier. Gilbert’s ruining his respectability and looks petty and small, LeBron looks petty for responding to it. Wade has said he feels terrible for what he did to Cleveland, but at the same time, as long as he keeps making any statement or movement that drives the dagger deeper, those comments will be overridden. .
And so it goes. No amicable split, no chance of a future reunion. No quarter given, none taken.
And the people that really suffer from all this, the fans of the Cavs, get to wake every day with the latest reminder of what they consider is the biggest betrayal of all.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 3
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19