Jul 10, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
Man, is this going to get awkward.
At the press-conference… and I use that term loosely, to introduce LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh as the new Heat triumvirate yesterday, LeBron reacted to Gilbert’s
diatribe comments in his letter to the fans of Cleveland (and subsequent interviews).
“And to also hear my former owners’ comments, I absolutely know I made the right decision.”
This is an ugly, messy situation in which neither side is making things any easier. Gilbert’s ruining his respectability and looks petty and small, LeBron looks petty for responding to it. Wade has said he feels terrible for what he did to Cleveland, but at the same time, as long as he keeps making any statement or movement that drives the dagger deeper, those comments will be overridden. .
And so it goes. No amicable split, no chance of a future reunion. No quarter given, none taken.
And the people that really suffer from all this, the fans of the Cavs, get to wake every day with the latest reminder of what they consider is the biggest betrayal of all.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17