Jul 10, 2010, 11:47 AM EST
Man, is this going to get awkward.
At the press-conference… and I use that term loosely, to introduce LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh as the new Heat triumvirate yesterday, LeBron reacted to Gilbert’s
diatribe comments in his letter to the fans of Cleveland (and subsequent interviews).
“And to also hear my former owners’ comments, I absolutely know I made the right decision.”
This is an ugly, messy situation in which neither side is making things any easier. Gilbert’s ruining his respectability and looks petty and small, LeBron looks petty for responding to it. Wade has said he feels terrible for what he did to Cleveland, but at the same time, as long as he keeps making any statement or movement that drives the dagger deeper, those comments will be overridden. .
And so it goes. No amicable split, no chance of a future reunion. No quarter given, none taken.
And the people that really suffer from all this, the fans of the Cavs, get to wake every day with the latest reminder of what they consider is the biggest betrayal of all.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11