Jul 10, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
Man, is this going to get awkward.
At the press-conference… and I use that term loosely, to introduce LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh as the new Heat triumvirate yesterday, LeBron reacted to Gilbert’s
diatribe comments in his letter to the fans of Cleveland (and subsequent interviews).
“And to also hear my former owners’ comments, I absolutely know I made the right decision.”
This is an ugly, messy situation in which neither side is making things any easier. Gilbert’s ruining his respectability and looks petty and small, LeBron looks petty for responding to it. Wade has said he feels terrible for what he did to Cleveland, but at the same time, as long as he keeps making any statement or movement that drives the dagger deeper, those comments will be overridden. .
And so it goes. No amicable split, no chance of a future reunion. No quarter given, none taken.
And the people that really suffer from all this, the fans of the Cavs, get to wake every day with the latest reminder of what they consider is the biggest betrayal of all.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48