Jul 10, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
Juwan Howard needs to chill out.
But instead, he could be heating up.
That was a terrible pun. I apologize. It’s been a long week.
Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the mega-team Heat could sign the 37-year old big man to play alongside Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James. The Heat badly need a center and Howard could be willing to play for the minimum. Howard played admirably for the Blazers last year when every single center they had went down before they added Marcus Camby, and certainly brings a veteran mindset.
But against players like Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Yao Ming, even Kendrick Perkins, you have to wonder how effective Howard can be at this point. He’s still in good shape, but, he’s 37. He’s pre-dates Disco.
Still, for a team looking to fill 8 roster spots on a limited budget, Howard could be a solid answer. Still needs to chill out, though.
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27