Jul 10, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Juwan Howard needs to chill out.
But instead, he could be heating up.
That was a terrible pun. I apologize. It’s been a long week.
Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the mega-team Heat could sign the 37-year old big man to play alongside Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James. The Heat badly need a center and Howard could be willing to play for the minimum. Howard played admirably for the Blazers last year when every single center they had went down before they added Marcus Camby, and certainly brings a veteran mindset.
But against players like Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Yao Ming, even Kendrick Perkins, you have to wonder how effective Howard can be at this point. He’s still in good shape, but, he’s 37. He’s pre-dates Disco.
Still, for a team looking to fill 8 roster spots on a limited budget, Howard could be a solid answer. Still needs to chill out, though.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50