Jul 10, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Juwan Howard needs to chill out.
But instead, he could be heating up.
That was a terrible pun. I apologize. It’s been a long week.
Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the mega-team Heat could sign the 37-year old big man to play alongside Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James. The Heat badly need a center and Howard could be willing to play for the minimum. Howard played admirably for the Blazers last year when every single center they had went down before they added Marcus Camby, and certainly brings a veteran mindset.
But against players like Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Yao Ming, even Kendrick Perkins, you have to wonder how effective Howard can be at this point. He’s still in good shape, but, he’s 37. He’s pre-dates Disco.
Still, for a team looking to fill 8 roster spots on a limited budget, Howard could be a solid answer. Still needs to chill out, though.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22