Jul 10, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Juwan Howard needs to chill out.
But instead, he could be heating up.
That was a terrible pun. I apologize. It’s been a long week.
Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the mega-team Heat could sign the 37-year old big man to play alongside Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James. The Heat badly need a center and Howard could be willing to play for the minimum. Howard played admirably for the Blazers last year when every single center they had went down before they added Marcus Camby, and certainly brings a veteran mindset.
But against players like Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Yao Ming, even Kendrick Perkins, you have to wonder how effective Howard can be at this point. He’s still in good shape, but, he’s 37. He’s pre-dates Disco.
Still, for a team looking to fill 8 roster spots on a limited budget, Howard could be a solid answer. Still needs to chill out, though.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23