Jul 10, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
Juwan Howard needs to chill out.
But instead, he could be heating up.
That was a terrible pun. I apologize. It’s been a long week.
Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the mega-team Heat could sign the 37-year old big man to play alongside Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James. The Heat badly need a center and Howard could be willing to play for the minimum. Howard played admirably for the Blazers last year when every single center they had went down before they added Marcus Camby, and certainly brings a veteran mindset.
But against players like Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Yao Ming, even Kendrick Perkins, you have to wonder how effective Howard can be at this point. He’s still in good shape, but, he’s 37. He’s pre-dates Disco.
Still, for a team looking to fill 8 roster spots on a limited budget, Howard could be a solid answer. Still needs to chill out, though.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)