Jul 9, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
For the most part, a guy making the minimum salary in the NBA is doing so for a reason. Not the kind of reasons that help with championships.
But maybe a couple bigger names will take less money to play with Miami Thrice (is that what we’re calling them?) and Mike Miller in South Beach.
According to our own Ira Winderman, writing for the Sun Sentinel, the Heat are targeting Raja Bell, Larry Hughes, Flip Murray, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Devean George, Brian Skinner, Damien Wilkins, Trenton Hassell, Jarvis Hayes, Eddie House, Etan Thomas and Ime Udoka. They could also bring back Joel Anthony
ESPN’s Marc Stein and Chris Ford throw in a couple other names, guys who would have to take less to come: Jason Williams, Mike James and Keyon Dooling along with Earl Watson. Those four would all be making a return appearance to the Heat.
What guys they can get will go a long way to determining how quickly they can compete for a title. Even LeBron, Wade and Bosh need to be on a team with some depth to take the trophy out of Kobe Bryant and the Lakers’ hands.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 30
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 19
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14