Jul 9, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
For the most part, a guy making the minimum salary in the NBA is doing so for a reason. Not the kind of reasons that help with championships.
But maybe a couple bigger names will take less money to play with Miami Thrice (is that what we’re calling them?) and Mike Miller in South Beach.
According to our own Ira Winderman, writing for the Sun Sentinel, the Heat are targeting Raja Bell, Larry Hughes, Flip Murray, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Devean George, Brian Skinner, Damien Wilkins, Trenton Hassell, Jarvis Hayes, Eddie House, Etan Thomas and Ime Udoka. They could also bring back Joel Anthony
ESPN’s Marc Stein and Chris Ford throw in a couple other names, guys who would have to take less to come: Jason Williams, Mike James and Keyon Dooling along with Earl Watson. Those four would all be making a return appearance to the Heat.
What guys they can get will go a long way to determining how quickly they can compete for a title. Even LeBron, Wade and Bosh need to be on a team with some depth to take the trophy out of Kobe Bryant and the Lakers’ hands.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19