Jul 9, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Knicks are close to signing Raymond Felton to a multi-year deal. Felton averaged 12.1 point and 5.6 assists in 80 starts for the Bobcats last season. Felton also dramatically improved his shooting; he shot 46% from the field and 38.5% from beyond the arc last season, with both marks representing career highs.
The Knicks obviously need a point guard with speed and playmaking ability to make Mike D’Antoni’s system work, and Felton can provide both of those things. The Knicks will have to hope that Felton’s improved jump shot wasn’t just a mirage last season — with Amar’e Stoudemire for a pick-and-roll partner, teams are going to dare Felton to beat them from the outside.
Point guard prospect Toney Douglas had a promising rookie season last year, but the Knicks apparently want someone more experienced to run the team as they attempt their return to NBA relevance.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld