Jul 9, 2010, 5:11 PM EST
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Knicks are close to signing Raymond Felton to a multi-year deal. Felton averaged 12.1 point and 5.6 assists in 80 starts for the Bobcats last season. Felton also dramatically improved his shooting; he shot 46% from the field and 38.5% from beyond the arc last season, with both marks representing career highs.
The Knicks obviously need a point guard with speed and playmaking ability to make Mike D’Antoni’s system work, and Felton can provide both of those things. The Knicks will have to hope that Felton’s improved jump shot wasn’t just a mirage last season — with Amar’e Stoudemire for a pick-and-roll partner, teams are going to dare Felton to beat them from the outside.
Point guard prospect Toney Douglas had a promising rookie season last year, but the Knicks apparently want someone more experienced to run the team as they attempt their return to NBA relevance.
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 19
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 10
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)