Jul 9, 2010, 5:11 PM EST
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Knicks are close to signing Raymond Felton to a multi-year deal. Felton averaged 12.1 point and 5.6 assists in 80 starts for the Bobcats last season. Felton also dramatically improved his shooting; he shot 46% from the field and 38.5% from beyond the arc last season, with both marks representing career highs.
The Knicks obviously need a point guard with speed and playmaking ability to make Mike D’Antoni’s system work, and Felton can provide both of those things. The Knicks will have to hope that Felton’s improved jump shot wasn’t just a mirage last season — with Amar’e Stoudemire for a pick-and-roll partner, teams are going to dare Felton to beat them from the outside.
Point guard prospect Toney Douglas had a promising rookie season last year, but the Knicks apparently want someone more experienced to run the team as they attempt their return to NBA relevance.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 17
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld