Jul 9, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Knicks are close to signing Raymond Felton to a multi-year deal. Felton averaged 12.1 point and 5.6 assists in 80 starts for the Bobcats last season. Felton also dramatically improved his shooting; he shot 46% from the field and 38.5% from beyond the arc last season, with both marks representing career highs.
The Knicks obviously need a point guard with speed and playmaking ability to make Mike D’Antoni’s system work, and Felton can provide both of those things. The Knicks will have to hope that Felton’s improved jump shot wasn’t just a mirage last season — with Amar’e Stoudemire for a pick-and-roll partner, teams are going to dare Felton to beat them from the outside.
Point guard prospect Toney Douglas had a promising rookie season last year, but the Knicks apparently want someone more experienced to run the team as they attempt their return to NBA relevance.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 32
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld