Jul 9, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Knicks are close to signing Raymond Felton to a multi-year deal. Felton averaged 12.1 point and 5.6 assists in 80 starts for the Bobcats last season. Felton also dramatically improved his shooting; he shot 46% from the field and 38.5% from beyond the arc last season, with both marks representing career highs.
The Knicks obviously need a point guard with speed and playmaking ability to make Mike D’Antoni’s system work, and Felton can provide both of those things. The Knicks will have to hope that Felton’s improved jump shot wasn’t just a mirage last season — with Amar’e Stoudemire for a pick-and-roll partner, teams are going to dare Felton to beat them from the outside.
Point guard prospect Toney Douglas had a promising rookie season last year, but the Knicks apparently want someone more experienced to run the team as they attempt their return to NBA relevance.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 23
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld