Jul 9, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Charlotte Bobcats have signed Dominic McGuire to a one-year guaranteed deal. Terms of the deal have not yet been disclosed.
Injuries limited McGuire to only 51 games last season; even when healthy, McGuire is one of the most offensively limited players in the NBA. He’s only averaged 2.4 points per game over the course of his career, and has made exactly three total three-pointers in 200 games.
What Dominic McGuire has always brought is hard-nosed defense and energy, even on a Washington Wizards team that often seemed completely disinterested in playing defense. He hardly played for the Kings after he was sent to Sacramento in a mid-season trade, but Larry Brown apparently thinks highly enough of the way McGuire plays the game to give him a shot at making his rotation in Charlotte.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 12
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 23
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 11
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 13
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld