Jul 9, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Charlotte Bobcats have signed Dominic McGuire to a one-year guaranteed deal. Terms of the deal have not yet been disclosed.
Injuries limited McGuire to only 51 games last season; even when healthy, McGuire is one of the most offensively limited players in the NBA. He’s only averaged 2.4 points per game over the course of his career, and has made exactly three total three-pointers in 200 games.
What Dominic McGuire has always brought is hard-nosed defense and energy, even on a Washington Wizards team that often seemed completely disinterested in playing defense. He hardly played for the Kings after he was sent to Sacramento in a mid-season trade, but Larry Brown apparently thinks highly enough of the way McGuire plays the game to give him a shot at making his rotation in Charlotte.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld