Jul 9, 2010, 5:34 PM EST
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Charlotte Bobcats have signed Dominic McGuire to a one-year guaranteed deal. Terms of the deal have not yet been disclosed.
Injuries limited McGuire to only 51 games last season; even when healthy, McGuire is one of the most offensively limited players in the NBA. He’s only averaged 2.4 points per game over the course of his career, and has made exactly three total three-pointers in 200 games.
What Dominic McGuire has always brought is hard-nosed defense and energy, even on a Washington Wizards team that often seemed completely disinterested in playing defense. He hardly played for the Kings after he was sent to Sacramento in a mid-season trade, but Larry Brown apparently thinks highly enough of the way McGuire plays the game to give him a shot at making his rotation in Charlotte.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 2
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 10
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 10
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld