Jul 9, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Charlotte Bobcats have signed Dominic McGuire to a one-year guaranteed deal. Terms of the deal have not yet been disclosed.
Injuries limited McGuire to only 51 games last season; even when healthy, McGuire is one of the most offensively limited players in the NBA. He’s only averaged 2.4 points per game over the course of his career, and has made exactly three total three-pointers in 200 games.
What Dominic McGuire has always brought is hard-nosed defense and energy, even on a Washington Wizards team that often seemed completely disinterested in playing defense. He hardly played for the Kings after he was sent to Sacramento in a mid-season trade, but Larry Brown apparently thinks highly enough of the way McGuire plays the game to give him a shot at making his rotation in Charlotte.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 5
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 40
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 37
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld