Jul 9, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Charlotte Bobcats have signed Dominic McGuire to a one-year guaranteed deal. Terms of the deal have not yet been disclosed.
Injuries limited McGuire to only 51 games last season; even when healthy, McGuire is one of the most offensively limited players in the NBA. He’s only averaged 2.4 points per game over the course of his career, and has made exactly three total three-pointers in 200 games.
What Dominic McGuire has always brought is hard-nosed defense and energy, even on a Washington Wizards team that often seemed completely disinterested in playing defense. He hardly played for the Kings after he was sent to Sacramento in a mid-season trade, but Larry Brown apparently thinks highly enough of the way McGuire plays the game to give him a shot at making his rotation in Charlotte.
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 8
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 50
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 58
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 29
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 54
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld