Jul 9, 2010, 4:21 PM EDT
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Charlotte Bobcats have signed forward Tyrus Thomas to a five-year, $40 million extension.
Thomas, who was selected fourth overall in the 2006 draft, was erratic both on and off during his stint with the Chicago Bulls. After being traded to Charlotte during mid-season last year, Thomas immediately fit in with Larry Brown’s squad much better than he ever had with the Bulls.
Thomas isn’t a dominant offensive player by any stretch of the imagination, but Larry Brown loves Thomas’ athleticism, energy, underrated passing ability, and ability to make impact plays on the defensive end of the floor. Thomas won’t be the kind of superstar that many top-five picks become, but he seems to have found a home in Charlotte.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 0
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 8
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 34
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (80)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld