Jul 8, 2010, 8:34 PM EDT
Read into this whatever you want. Could be nothing, could be everything.
may not be happening. Heat has canceled a full-page welcome ad in The
Miami Herald. This time I’m serious.
That is from Greg Cote, Miami Herald columnist. Ads get pulled from papers all the time for a lot of reasons.
The official reason is that nobody has signed yet. Which is true. Even if LeBron says he is coming the Beasley trade has to be worked out or scrapped, then the deals have to be signed. Marketing people want to push now, strike when the iron’s hot. Lawyers want the papers signed first. Lawyers always win that battle.
But the timing of this, combined with lingering doubts, makes you wonder a little. ESPN reporters have hedged their bets all day, but their parent company has a vested interest in the drama. Cote and the Herald do not.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7