Jul 8, 2010, 8:34 PM EST
Read into this whatever you want. Could be nothing, could be everything.
may not be happening. Heat has canceled a full-page welcome ad in The
Miami Herald. This time I’m serious.
That is from Greg Cote, Miami Herald columnist. Ads get pulled from papers all the time for a lot of reasons.
The official reason is that nobody has signed yet. Which is true. Even if LeBron says he is coming the Beasley trade has to be worked out or scrapped, then the deals have to be signed. Marketing people want to push now, strike when the iron’s hot. Lawyers want the papers signed first. Lawyers always win that battle.
But the timing of this, combined with lingering doubts, makes you wonder a little. ESPN reporters have hedged their bets all day, but their parent company has a vested interest in the drama. Cote and the Herald do not.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11