Jul 8, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Toronto has made a move to sign the leading scorer from Olympiacos in Greece — former Nugget Linas Kleiza.
Toronto has signed Kleiza to a four year, $20 million offer sheet, according to Marc Spears at Yahoo. Denver still has the rights to Kleiza and now has seven days to match that offer or lose him.
Kleiza, to refresh your memory, is a 6’8″ forward who spent four years coming off the bench for Denver. Like a lot of European big men, he has a deft outside touch, but he can push and bang inside. He was a solid bench player for the Nuggets, but for Olympiacos was a scoring machine.
Kleiza is no replacement for Chris Bosh, but he can give them quality minutes nightly.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 7
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3