Jul 8, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Toronto has made a move to sign the leading scorer from Olympiacos in Greece — former Nugget Linas Kleiza.
Toronto has signed Kleiza to a four year, $20 million offer sheet, according to Marc Spears at Yahoo. Denver still has the rights to Kleiza and now has seven days to match that offer or lose him.
Kleiza, to refresh your memory, is a 6’8″ forward who spent four years coming off the bench for Denver. Like a lot of European big men, he has a deft outside touch, but he can push and bang inside. He was a solid bench player for the Nuggets, but for Olympiacos was a scoring machine.
Kleiza is no replacement for Chris Bosh, but he can give them quality minutes nightly.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14