Jul 8, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Toronto has made a move to sign the leading scorer from Olympiacos in Greece — former Nugget Linas Kleiza.
Toronto has signed Kleiza to a four year, $20 million offer sheet, according to Marc Spears at Yahoo. Denver still has the rights to Kleiza and now has seven days to match that offer or lose him.
Kleiza, to refresh your memory, is a 6’8″ forward who spent four years coming off the bench for Denver. Like a lot of European big men, he has a deft outside touch, but he can push and bang inside. He was a solid bench player for the Nuggets, but for Olympiacos was a scoring machine.
Kleiza is no replacement for Chris Bosh, but he can give them quality minutes nightly.
- Eastern Conference Finals preview: Pacers vs. Heat 0
- Clippers let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 16
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 11
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 9
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'