Reports: LeBron James leaning heavily toward Miami

Jul 8, 2010, 2:04 AM EST

Thumbnail image for wade_bosh-James.jpgLeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all on the same team.

Wow.

But it is looking more and more that way. Sources have told Alan Hahn at Newsday as well as the well-connected Chris Broussard at ESPN that LeBron is leaning heavily toward joining Wade and Bosh in Miami.

Nothing is certain. The ground is shifting on this like you’re standing over California’s San Andreas Fault.

But right now, it looks like a “super team” in Miami. LeBron reportedly flew down to Miami for dinner Wednesday night. He also reportedly was in Akron playing softball. And was in New York. And was the first man to walk on Mars. And helped coach the Netherlands’s World Cup soccer team.

If they do combine, it would create an interesting experiment in the NBA — what if you surround three superstars with minimum salary players? How good would they be?

Yes, the odd over-the-hill veteran may join them to get a ring, but most of the players in the league are not financially set like LeBron/Wade/Bosh. Those players need to go where the money is. And Miami will not be able to offer much. You get what you pay for.

The other question is money. Wade can receive Bird-rights money, about one more year and $28 million more than someone signed outright. Miami could sign one other max player, then someone would have to take a healthy pay cut.

Or, they all could. If each took a five-year deal at around $15.2 million, they could all fit into the Heat’s cap. But then we come back to the “who do you surround them with?” question.

No easy answers. But right now, Miami is the frontrunner. And the race is almost over.

1. Jack - Jul 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM

ESPN: OK, back from commercial. Joining us now is Pat Riley.
    RILEY: See all my pretty rings!
    DWADE: I get the ball the last 5 mintues of the game.
    LBJ: No…my Brand says I get the ball the entire 4th Quarter.
    Bosh: ME ME ME!!!!!
    Riley: Lookit my rings!!!!!
    Bosh: ME ME ME!!!
    LBJ/DWade/Riley: Shut UP, Bosh.
    –cut to another commercial–

2. Donna - Jul 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Somewhat off the subject, but what the hell is up with this loser that is now saying he is Lebron’s estanged father and that he is sueing Lebron and his mother for millions!!
    WAIT!!!…………If you his pappy and just now coming forth, how the hell you sueing Lebron for millions, shouldn’t Lebron’s mother be able to sue for child support?? I mean how freakin arrogant, stupid, and greedy can you be?? This man hasn’t contributed a dime toward Lebron’s support all these years, hasn’t been a father figure, but thinks he is entitled to millions. If I was Lebron’s mother I would drag his ass through hell and back before I let Lebron give him one red cent!!!!!

3. rick colo - Jul 8, 2010 at 9:53 AM

It is absurd to pay these sport stars millions of dollars for playing a game of basketball, football, baseball, etc. The millions of dollars should be going to the real heroes of this country — the brave men and women warriors fighting and dying for our country are the ones that deserve the big pay.

4. Delonte W. - Jul 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Hoooo you better recognize before i smack fire out your azz baby.. dont make me show your boy that tape we made.!!

5. Chris Bosh - Jul 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Oh man, does this mean I have to suck on LeBron’s c0ck, too? Damn, let me finish up with Dwayne here and I jump right on it.

6. Lebron's Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 9:59 AM

A looky here now Donna .. Dont yous be telling me thats isnt my chillren right there.. i played basketball in high school where you think he is a gettiing his skills from miss donna .. i have polaroids of gloria (better then delontes polaroids)

7. LeBron's OTHER Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Now, hey, y’all wait. Who to tell? Black chiltren never know who dey pappy is anyway. Who to say it ain’t me?

8. Donna - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM

LMAO!!!!!! You sound just like the movie “LIFE”! Remember they all stepped forward claiming to be the warden’s grandbaby’s pappy? ” I dat baby’s pappy”!!!!!
    Seriously, dude is either incredibly smart or increditbly stupid!!!!

9. JV - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Basketball aside for a moment…if this whole “Decision” fiasco is truly to benefit the Boys and Girls Club charity, LeBron should stay and teach the kids the seemingly lost virtue of loyalty. I think it would be a strong message and bolster his legacy.
    I think regardless of who we root for as a team we will respect the man who stays the course and displays that loyalty. I think he will get what he’s due in life. Even if he wins championships in Miami, NY, or Chicago I think in the end he will regret leaving Cleveland.
    I personally have more respect for the Reggie Miller’s in the world than the ring chaser’s like Gary Payton. Case in point Durant signing that 5-year extension in OKC of all places. I would rather go down in history as a class act with no championship ring than a Champion who compromised his values. It says a lot about society today.

10. The Real Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Hold on Nucca’s theys be my sperm in that boy is you heard me.. Maverick Carter stop a the brainwash my kid boy .. come lay a whoppin on yall nuccas that say you my sons daddy .. get your own superstar check maker..

11. Jack - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM

ESPN: Back from commercial. Joining us with a breaking story is Chris Broussard – whadya got, Chris?
    CB: Rumors swirling of a huge trade – LBJ to Chicago for the Bull’s entire starting lineup!
    ESPN: Wow!
    CB: Wait, there’s more – DWade to Lakers for their entire lineup!
    ESPN: WOW!!! What about Bosh?
    CB: He’s the linchpin to this whole thing!
    ESPN: WOW!
    CB: I’ll cover it tomorrow night on my special: “Decision July 9th”
    ESPN: WOW! Can’t wait, Chris!
    CB: I’ve got good sources!
    –cut to commercial–

12. LeBron's OTHER Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Now I don’t know nuttin’ about all that sperminatin’ you talkin’ about, but I does know dat I be layin’ a damn fine hip smackin’ on the boy’s mama while I was gettin’ her some cokain. I thinks that be makin ME da pappy. So, they you go.

13. Donna - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Hey hey, now!!! That is soooooo not true that “black children never know who their pappy is”!! You bout to get something started that is not going to be pleasant. I’m going to give you benefit of the doubt and take it you are just kidding as I know a lot of black children that know who their daddy is. I also know some white children who don’t know who their daddy is or could submit a multiple choice of possibilities. Every race has hoes and bottom feeders no matter what color the skin

14. The Real Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Silly Negro ..why yous was getting that booger sugar for my babby i was beatting it up nucca.. so u got the sloppy seconds buts for all we’s know its could be’s us both a half and half mix..but i played basketball nucca.. he does have my style on the court … and one time i got gloria blind for a day cause i got her in the eye

15. Joe - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Y’all sound like a bunch of whiney girls. WHAA! If these 3 guys consider themselves good enough friends and leave money on the table to play and win together, who are yall to bash their decision?
    Seriously, bashing their egos, their morals, and their loyalty? Come on. Get real. It’s a damn business and personal decision.
    If they do join up, I appauled them. Taking a risk and trying something that has never been done before is refreshing. It’s enjoyable.

16. Gloria J. - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Listen, show him the tape. What I’m bout to do in Miami will make it look like child’s play!!

17. Cold Water Fish - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Chill out, lady. Geez, there always has to be some liberal PC police on here saying “oh, you are sooooo racist.” Yeah, yeah, of course MOST black children know who their daddies are and of course there are white children who do not know who their daddies are. But, I hate to break it to you, missy, stereotypes do come from somewhere. And you can be a tree-hugging, peace to all mankind moron all you want, but there is a HUGE problem with black fathers not sticking around to raise their kids. These guys on here were just having fun with the fact that some idiot is coming out NOW to claim he is Lebron’s daddy. It would be the same reaction by people if it were someone claiming to be Miley Cyrus’ dad, only it would be hillbillies. But, in case you didn’t notice, Lebron is black so the discussion will be about black fathers. However, you, in your oh so righteous indignation, feel the need to come on and lecture. Do you go to movies and shout against the blue humor in those? Probably.
    Now, go back to your college dorm room and drink an organic tea.
    Thank you, everyone, and we now return to the lecture by Donna on political correctness. on

18. GetAgrip - Jul 8, 2010 at 10:54 AM

chill hoe .. its a blog we having fun and you were to by my reading.. so dont take it somewhere it wasnt going.. yes there are bottom feeders in all races greeds and colors.. so please hang up with Rev. Sharpton

19. LeBron's OTHER Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I dun may have had me some of dat tder sloppity seconds, but my damn spermins was gonna beat yo damn spermins to the damn eggs. Is got me fast spermins, thus makin’ proof dat I is Lebron’s pappy. Take dat der you damn fool.

20. The Real Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 11:20 AM

nucca whats yous is that crazy boy .. you”s is just talking out your azz right bout now nucca.. gonna come down there with them boys and take that check if you get one…. Maverick send me that check nucca

21. LeBron's OTHER Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Okay, der, okay. I be proposin’ a negotiatin’ settlementation den. How ’bout yous and I go ahead and split the boy’s money….I’m sorry, I dun meant split the boy’s time……between us so weez all be happy pappys? I take da boy’s money……oh, hell, der I did it agin…..I mean I take da boy on odd days and you take da boy (i will hold on to his money) on even days. How dat der beez to y’all?

22. The Real Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 11:41 AM

okay der der nucca, i’s be likings these arrangments you be hollerin about negro, buts wes has gort to split that there money .. yeah you know time so we both gets the most of his affection it is.. i s be having my public defender call yours and we can get custody from that coke hoe gloria ..

23. LeBron's OTHER Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Dat all be sounding goods to me. Now we jus got to be talkin’ all of Lebron’s OTHER pappys into dis here arrangyment. I think he be makin’ an announcement tonight on dat der ESPGN thingy on the TV ’bout who he be choosin’. How can he pass up now havin’ us two pappys instead of just one ole stinkin’ no good drunk pappy like he had before. Gloria be a ho. She don’t got nuttin’ on us!~

24. Delonte W. - Jul 8, 2010 at 12:00 PM

hey now der der nucca .. dont yall nuccas be talking bout my lady like that.. I will go Bi-Polar on your ass’s

25. LeBron's OTHER Pappy - Jul 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Oh hey dey now woman. don’t go gettin’ all upitty wit me. I know who y’alls pimp is and I be gettin’ him to smack you ’round a bit. You let da men-folk go figer dis all out and shut you yap.

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches